Last updated on February 20th, 2020
If you are a true music lover, you know that a dedicated 2 channel stereo receiver is a must for serious music listening. So, how do you go about choosing the best device? The best 2 channel stereo receiver should be a perfect mix of features and sound quality, and although the market is overflowing with different options, such a device is still hard to find. This is why we did the research and suggested 5 of the best 2 channel stereo receivers that are currently on the market!
Enjoying our simple product slideshows?
Support us by subscribing to our YouTube Channel – 5 Best Products!
Top 5 Best 2 Channel Stereo Receivers
1. Sony STRDH190
Enjoy the sweet sound of vinyl, or streaming from your digital music collection. The perfect match for music lovers seeking a stereo system with classic sound from all your music sources. And with the low-profile design, it’s sure to fit into conventional AV cabinets as well.
- 100 watts x 2 (8 ohms, 1 Kilo Hertz).
- Has a phono input, 4 stereo RCA audio inputs, 3.5-millimeter input, and a stereo RCA output.
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices.
- Connect up to 4 speakers; A/B switching to play all at once, or in separate zones.
- Low profile design (5 ¼ Inch tall) fits easily into conventional AV cabinet.
- FM Radio with 30 station presets; wireless remote control (2AA batteries included).
- Has a full size (1/4 Inch) headphone jack.
2. Yamaha R-S202BL
The R-S202 gives you Yamaha’s 125 years of music heritage packaged to reproduce music as it would be experienced live. Bluetooth connectivity adds easy access to streaming music.
Each detail of this receiver was optimized for maximum power and minimal interference. The power transformer was positioned near the amp circuit for peak power supply. The signal ground and power supply ground connect at one point, achieving a higher S/N ratio.
- Has an advanced circuitry design.
- Bluetooth to your favorite streaming music services.
- 40 station FM/AM preset Tuning; Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 100 kHz (0 plus/ minus 0.5 dB / 0 plus/ minus 3.0 dB).
- Brushed aluminum finish and simplistic design.
3. Yamaha R-N303BL
Yamaha is pushing their Hi-Fi engineering ideas to extend into this entry-class network receiver with modern day wireless connectivity and the nostalgia of vinyl with a phono input terminal. The R-N303 is the perfect blend of technology and timeless elegance.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Simple and sophisticated design with two channels of 100 W high-power output. Minimum RMS Output Power : 100 W + 100 W (8 ohms, 40 Hz-20 kHz, 0.2 percentage THD).
- Phono input terminals for Turntables voice control using your Alexa device like echo or echo dot. FM 50dB Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 1 kHz, 100% Mod., Mono) – 3 µV (20.8 dBf). FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo) – 65 dB / 64 dB
- Optical and coaxial Audio inputs for TV. Frequency Response-0 ± 0.5 dB / 0 ± 3.0 dB. FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo)-65 dB / 64 dB
- Access to your music library, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM internet radio, Tidal, and Deezer.
4. Marantz NR1200
Indulge in high-resolution sonic perfection with the Marantz NR1200 two-channel slim stereo receiver that powers detailed, high-fidelity audio from a compact chassis.
Featuring a newly designed power amplifier section with high-current discrete transistors, L/R separation of power amplification circuit and a separate power transformer audio winding, revel in the most musical sound and support for high-resolution audio. The NR1200 supports the latest HDMI connectivity with its 5 inputs, each one supporting HDCP 2. 3, 4K Ultra HD 60Hz Video, HLG and more.
- Indulge in High-Resolution Sonic Perfection With the Marantz NR1200 Network Receiver – the consummate choice for Hi-Fi experience. It delivers superior audio quality and higher power to your choice of loudspeakers.
- The high-current discrete power amplifier with a separate L/R Power Amp circuit and a power transformer. With 75W of power per channel, enjoy your high-resolution musical collection with refined Marantz sound.
- Command your favorite voice control agent – Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri – to stream unlimited music using popular services like Spotify, TuneIn, Netflix and more via Built-in HEOS, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or Wi-Fi.
- Play the same song in every room or a different one in each room. Connect all your HEOS speakers to the app and get full control everywhere in your home.
- Extensively tuned by Marantz sound masters at the most state-of-the-art facilities to deliver an exquisite sonic signature. Envelope yourself with the most musical sound, from any source.
5. Onkyo TX-8220
Universal connectivity meets pure analog amplification in a simple hub that sounds a whole lot better than its modest price suggests. All the essentials are covered with digital audio inputs for TV and BD/DVD player connection, along with four analog line-level inputs for a CD player and everything else. But the TX-8220 also takes value up a notch with mm phono input for turntable and built-in Bluetooth technology.
- 45 W/Ch stereo power (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels Driven, FTC); 100 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 2 channels Driven) , AM – 530 kHz–1,710 kiloHertz.
- Bluetooth Audio streaming technology for almost any device.
- Mm phono, analog, and digital Audio inputs.
- Hi-current discrete amplification system.
- FM/AM radio tuners with 40-station memory presets.
When you’re shopping for the best 2 channel stereo receivers, you want to make sure you’ve done your research, like we have. We have gotten mixed results from our top 5, some say they’re bad, some say they’re good. However, when we heard what these stereo receivers can do in the store, we can’t really see why they’d be bad at all.
In our opinion, based on our research and hearing them for ourselves, these are some of the best 2 channel stereo receivers that are currently on the market!