Last updated on February 17th, 2020
Laptops keep getting thinner and lighter, which means our best lightweight laptops 2020 guide keeps getting better and better: these are the best lightweight laptops you can lay your hands on right now.
Whether you’re after the best cheap lightweight laptop or the best lightweight student laptop, we can help you out, we’ve made sure our selection is as wide-ranging and comprehensive as possible.
From the polished Dell XPS 13 to the Acer Swift 7, the sheer choice at either end of the best lightweight laptop in the US market is really impressive at the moment. Whatever features you need or the price you’re willing to pay, there’s a top-rate lightweight laptop perfect for you.
Video SummaryClick to Subscribe >
Top 5 Best Lightweight Laptops
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
At the office, at home or en route, new Surface Pro 7 adapts to the way you work with laptop-to-tablet versatility. And now, it delivers more power than ever, with a laptop-class Intel Core processor, all-day battery, Instant On, improved graphics, and standby time, plus more multitasking connections, including both USB-C and USB-A ports.
- Weight: 1.7 lbs.
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally.
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor, redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB C and USB A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging.
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down, ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds.
- All-day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster, about 80 percent in just over an hour.
2. Apple MacBook Air
The most loved Mac is about to make you fall in love all over again. Available in silver, space gray, and gold, the new thinner and lighter MacBook Air features a brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology, Touch ID, the latest-generation keyboard, and a Force Touch trackpad.
The iconic wedge is created from 100 percent recycled aluminum, making it the greenest Mac ever. And with all-day battery life, MacBook Air is your perfectly portable, do-it-all notebook.
- Weighs 2.75 lbs.
- Stunning 13.3-Inch Retina Display with True Tone.
- Touch ID.
- Dual-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor.
- Intel UHD Graphics 617.
- Fast SSD Storage.
- 8GB memory.
- Stereo speakers with wider stereo sound.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports.
3. Dell XPS 13
- Infinityedge display, enabling a 13.3″ Screen In an 11-inch form Factor with an 80.7% screen-to-body ratio.
- By maximizing the color spectrum with 100% sRGB color and a 1500:1 contrast ratio, every shadow takes shape and even bright scenes gain definition.
- The anti-reflective screen combined with superior 400-nit brightness frees you to enjoy your entertainment outdoors. Plus, the IPS panel provides a wider viewing angle, so you can share your screen without missing a thing.
- The XPS 13 is cut from a single block of aluminum.
- Access multiple devices without dividing your attention mobile connect pairs your iOS or Android smartphone with your laptop.
4. Acer Swift 7
Unleash yourself and achieve the extraordinary with this ultra-thin, ultra-light, ultra-compact laptop. At just 1.96 lbs. only 0.39 inches thin and with its virtually borderless display, the Swift 7 breaks new ground in design and usability!
It delivers all the power and performance you need, including an 8th Generation Intel Core i7 processor and a Full HD multi-touch display with Corning Gorilla Glass for superior durability. Simply put, it’s the ultimate option for an on-the-go lifestyle!
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8500y Processor (Up to 4. 2GHz), 16GB LPDDR3 Onboard Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD.
- 14. 0″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Multi-Touch Display with Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Backlit keyboard, Intel Wireless AC Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 5. 0.
- 2 USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 ports (up to 40 Gaps), DisplayPort over USB C, Thunderbolt 3, USB charging, DC-in.
- Protective sleeve, Windows 10 Home & 3 cell Li-ion (2770 mAh) battery, Up to 13 hours Battery Life.
5. HP Spectre 13
The Spectre x360 holds nothing back on performance, bringing the best of all worlds into a PC designed around you. Let yourself fall in love with all the smart technology packed in its sleek design. Revolutionary power. Extraordinarilly thin. Reimagine what a laptop can deliver. Get a full day of work with up to 16 hours and 45 minute of battery life with Fast Charge, and an 8th Gen Intel Core i Quad Core processors for cutting-edge performance.
- Weight: 2.78 lbs.
- HP Factory Sealed with full HP Premium Warranty for ALL parts. 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)+Intel UHD Graphics 620 (16 GB), Windows 10 Home 64 – Dark Ash Color.
- 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 16 GB LPDDR3-2133 SDRAM (onboard), HP TrueVision FHD IR Camera with Dual array digital microphone, Webcam supports Windows Hello.
- 13.3″ diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with Corning Gorilla Glass NBT (1920 x 1080), HP Active Stylus.
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2×2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, Bang & Olufsen, quad speakers, HP Audio Boost, HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support.
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 headphone/microphone combo, Accelerometer; Gyroscope; eCompass.
When you’re shopping for the best lightweight laptops, you want to make sure you’ve done your research, as we have. We have gotten mixed results from our top 5, some say they’re bad, some say they’re good. However, when you’re in need of a good-quality lightweight laptop, we’ve got you covered.
In our opinion, based on our research and testing them for ourselves, these are some of the best lightweight laptops that are currently on the market!