Last updated on February 1st, 2020
Do you struggle with back pain while sitting in your chair at the office or at home? Do you ever notice your posture getting worse over time? If you answered yes to either of those questions, you’re sitting in the wrong office chair. Don’t worry though, we’re going to show you the top 5 best office chairs for good posture.
We tested 12 different office chairs and reviewed the top 5 so you wouldn’t have to waste time doing your own research.
So what’s stopping you from purchasing a new office chair that would be 10x better on your back? Is it the price? Or is it the fact that there are literally hundreds of models to choose from and you have no idea what to get? My guess is, it’s a mixture of not knowing what to get and not getting around to actually purchasing one.
Think about it this way though, you only have 1 spine. Since you only have 1 spine, you should take it seriously and do whatever you can to protect it from future damage.
If you’re someone who sits in an office chair all day, you can end up doing all sorts of damage to your back and not even realize it until you’re in pain. One of the most painful types of damage is a herniated disc. Herniated discs are all too common when it comes to spending days on end in an office chair that’s just hurting you in the long run.
Office Chair Buying Tips | What To Look For
When it comes to buying an ergonomic office chair there are a few factors to take into consideration. In addition, we know how easy it can be to buy an office chair based on looks. Most people do this and it ends up hurting them in the long run. Don’t buy based on looks, but based on your needs, especially if you’re going to be sitting in it for years on a daily basis!
Quick Buying Tips
Below are 3 quick buying tips and what to look for. Not all are necessary but you want to make sure that whatever chair you buy, it supports at least one of these features.
- Headrests Are Good – If the office chair has a headrest, you’ll be in good shape. Headrests are nice because when you’re sitting in the chair, it forces your body to sit with your back straight. Obviously, this would be great for supporting a good posture.
- Spine Support – Take a look at some of the office chairs where the back section is in the shape of a spine. They are designed like that on purpose. These chairs conform to the natural bend in your spine and will support a good posture all day long.
- Lumbar Support – Lumbar support is where the chair has a bit of a lift under the bottom part of your thighs. It’s not absolutely necessary but if you can get one with lumbar support, even better! Basically what this type of chair does is it helps your body to stay in a 90-degree angle, keeping your back straight at the same time.
Overall, the top 5 best office chairs for back pain that we chose for this review all have at least one of these types of support. The goal here is to have a better posture. Better posture equals a healthier spine in the long run. A healthier spine equals no back pain in the future from sitting with poor posture for years on end.
Top 5 Best Office Chairs For Good Posture
When testing these office chairs, we found the second one by Hbada Ergonomics to be the absolute most comfortable chair to sit in. The overall shape of the chair made it very comfortable and kept the spine very straight as well. If you’re looking for an office chair that will promote good posture and minimize back pain, this chair would be the best choice (our opinion).
1. Homall Office Chair
This chair was our favorite. It has a nice style, nice design, and it even looks cool! But the best part about this chair is it has a nice comfortable headrest. In addition, it also has a high back and a pillow that supports your spine while sitting. This chair was very comfortable. Due to its spine support and cushion headrest, we placed this chair as our number 1 for being one of the best office chairs for back pain.
- This chair is made from high-density shaping foam which takes the stress off your back while you work throughout the day.
- It has a 360-degree swivel and multi-direction wheels.
- Maximum weight capacity is 300 lbs.
2. Hbada Ergonomics (Most Comfortable)
What’s great about this office chair is that it has an ergonomic mesh back with a headrest. Some office chairs make your back feel kind of sweaty after long periods of sitting. This chair does not since it has a mesh back to it. In addition, it also has a headrest that helps support your spine while sitting all day long.
- This modern high back mesh chair features an Ergonomic-Human-Curve designed backrest and headrest which creates total spinal support. This means that the chair moves with postures to hold the spine perfectly and ease pressure & pain on the back for everyday use.
- The ergonomic mesh back allows air, body heat, and water vapor to pass through which keeps away the buildup of heat and humidity close to the body. This chair also offers an upgraded big ergonomic & adjustable seat with comfortable foam padding.
- Based on structural mechanics principles, this minimalist-style chair is a compelling seating choice that refreshes your office with its modern and fashion sense.
- The aircraft inverted triangular chair back also conveys persistence and assiduity in its concept.
- The synchronized tilt mechanism provides smooth, effortless reclining and enables a personalized fit.
- This chair can lock at any angle between 90 – 150 degrees, which makes it a perfect office partner – back straightened up for work mode and full reclining for rest mode.
3. Mid-Back Swivel Chair
This mesh task chair provides exceptional support to the hard-working professionals in your office. Transparent mesh across the back allows air to circulate, keeping you cool no matter how high the temperature gets. Built-in lumbar support helps prevent back strain and muscle fatigue.
The swivel seat is padded with three-inches of CA117 fire retardant foam and covered with black mesh upholstery. Its waterfall edge is designed to relieve pressure and promote healthy blood flow to your legs. Raise and lower the seat using the pneumatic seat height adjustment lever, conveniently located under the seat.
Turn the tilt tension adjustment knob to increase or decrease the amount of force needed to rock or recline. Lock the seat in place with the tilt lock mechanism. Padded armrests take the pressure off your shoulders and neck, and flip-up and out of the way, as needed.
The heavy-duty, nylon base with dual wheel casters makes it easy to roll across the floor. Whether it’s a day filled with meetings or you’re working to beat a tight deadline, this stylish chair will keep you cool and comfortable throughout your busy day.
- Ventilated Mesh Back Material.
- Built-In Lumbar Support.
- Tilt Lock Mechanism.
- Tilt Tension Adjustment Knob.
4. Killabee Memory Foam Chair
Killabee brings you a racing chair designed with an emphasis on ergonomics. The chair can perfectly fit your body shape, give you the most comfortable support. Killabee is more than a chair to sit, it’s an artwork that can provide you all-day relaxation.
- Adjustable height, back angle and recline locking system to lock the back at any angle up to 175 degrees; 360-degree swivel.
- High-density thicker foam and premium PU leather, which offers superb stability and provides comfortable seating feeling.
- The high backrest and seat ensure proper alignment and support of your spine as well as your neck.
- This chair has an integrated metal frame, explosion-proof gas spring of international standards, high-quality nylon base with smooth-rolling castors make a superb stable structure. (Maximum weight capacity: 250LB)
5. Sihoo Ergonomic Office Chair
- Two-way fine-tuning healthy lumbar pillow protects the lumbar spine, integrated by the bracket support shoulder vertebrae.
- Has a multi-dimensional free rotating head pillow to protect the cervical vertebra and a 10cm lift with 360° rotation which is flexible and suitable for an office environment.
- The ridge backrest and the human spine are exactly the same. Fitting closer together helps release spinal pressure.
- The tensile strength of the good net mesh cloth is better than ordinary fabric.
Overall if you’re tired of sitting in an uncomfortable chair in the office that’s been giving you back pain, it might be worth it to invest in a better chair. Any of the chairs will help to alleviate that back pain for the long term.
Keep in mind that the number 1 thing you can do is improve your overall posture and that’s another thing that these chairs will help with as well.
If you have any questions or comments about any of these office chairs, feel free to leave a comment below. Or, if you prefer messaging us directly, feel free to leave us a message using our contact form on our contact page and we will respond to your email in a timely manner.
Have you started getting bad posture from your desk job? Is your chair to blame? Which chair did you like the most from our top 5?