Best Refrigerators For Your Home In 2019 | With Refrigerator Buying Tips
Whether your old refrigerator too a dump, you’re buying a new house, or remodeling an old kitchen, you want an attractive looking refrigerator that matches well with your kitchen decor. Lucky for you, we spent an entire day in Best Buy with a few professionals to find out which refrigerator were the absolute best in 2019. Below you will find the top 5 best refrigerators for your home and below them, we listed some buying tips as well.
The thing is, everyone has their own taste, their own style, and not everyone is into the “coolest” new features. But let me tell you, some of the refrigerators have features that I didn’t even know existed! I mean, they’ve got refrigerators with built-in screens that are basically like your in-dash screen in your vehicle! Pretty cool!
From what we learned from the professionals at Best Buy is that most people who come in who are in the market for a refrigerator usually want something that matches their home. What I’m talking about is homeowners, landlords etc are remodeling their kitchens they want something that has more of a “modern” feel. Which is why our top 5 list is loaded with refrigerators that have sleek and sexy finishes to them. Let’s get to it! Below are the top 5 best refrigerators for your home in 2019!
Samsung RF28NHEDBSR (Best Tech)
1. Samsung Smart Refrigerator
This refrigerator caught us by surprise. We walked into the refrigerator section at Best Buy and this was the first model they showed us. This modern refrigerator is pretty cool. It has a built-in “family hub” monitor that displays all kinds of good stuff. Just connect it to your WiFi and you’ll get the daily weather, news, access to recipes, calendars, and many other features as well. The built-in screen is what sets this refrigerator apart from the rest. You can even talk to the screen and add items to your shopping list!
View at The Home Depot
- Use your voice to add items to your shopping lists.
- See inside from anywhere with 3 built-in cameras.
- Automatically assign expiration notifications and nutritional information to make sure everything is healthy and fresh.
- Plan a meal based on what foods are available inside your refrigerator.
- Save money with weekly deals & load coupons directly to your loyalty card.
- Use Grub hub to order your favorite food in a single click.
- Sync calendars for all family activities and events.
- Remotely share photos, notes and memos.
- Receive personalized information through voice recognition.
- Challenge your family with daily trivia questions.
- Stream music with Pandora, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect and TuneIn (radio).
- Simplify your life through the SmartThings app by controlling smart devices and appliances; set lights, adjust the thermostat or monitor your baby’s room.
- Ring Video Doorbell lets you see, hear and speak to anyone at the front door from your Family Hub.
- Receive Wi-Fi updates so your fridge stays up-to-date with the latest features and apps.
- Bixby Intelligent voice assistant allows hands free navigation.
- Adjustable Shelves Ideal for tall, oversized items.
- Large capacity to fit all your favorite foods.
2. Samsung 4-Door French Door Refrigerator
This 4-door refrigerator is everything you expect from Samsung, and more. Twin Cooling Plus keeps produce fresher for longer. The FlexZone Drawer is optimized for family organization, with Smart Divider and four temperature settings. Plus, adjustable Shelves designed to fit taller items with ease, LED display with water and ice dispenser, Ice Master ice maker that stores over 4 lbs. of ice, and more.
View at The Home Depot
- 28 cu. ft. Capacity Large capacity to fit all your favorite foods.
- Twin Cooling Plus Maintains both high levels of refrigerator humidity and dry freezer conditions for ultimate freshness.
- ENERGY STAR Compliant Meets strict energy efficiency specifications set by the government.
- Premium External Filtered Water and Ice Dispenser Provides easy access to filtered water and cubed or crushed ice.
- High-Efficiency Top and Side LED Lighting Gently brightens virtually every corner of your refrigerator.
- Adjustable Shelf For easily fitting tall, oversized items.
- Interior Stainless Steel Accents For a clean, modern appearance.
- EZ Open Handle on Freezer Door and FlexZone Drawer Lets you easily open you fully-stocked freezer.
- Two Humidity-Controlled Crispers Help keep your fruits and vegetables organized and accessible.
- Tempered Glass Spill-Proof Shelves Makes cleaning leaks and spills simple.
- Gallon Door Bins Provide more shelf space inside the fridge.
- Auto Pull-Out Upper Freezer Drawer Automatically slides open for your convenience.
- Easy-To-Access Water Filer Makes changing convenient.
- Fingerprint resistant finish.
3. Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator
Get the storage you need in this refrigerator with water dispenser. An exterior refrigerated drawer keeps frequently used items within easy reach. This refrigerator with refrigerated drawers also gives you access to filtered ice and water without ever opening the door. Tap Touch controls are also as easy to clean as they are to use.
View at The Home Depot
- ENERGY STAR certified models exceed government standards to help save money on your utility bills.
- Exterior ice and water dispenser with EVERYDROP water filtration provides access to filtered water and ice without opening the refrigerator door.
- Keep frequently used items within easy reach with the additional refrigeration space from the refrigerated exterior drawer. Adjust temperature controls based on what you’d like to store, and use the adjustable dividers to make organization easy, too.
- Convenient exterior tap touch temperature controls clean as easily as you use them.
- Simplify cleanup with spill-proof glass shelves that help contain spills and prevent liquids from leaking below.
- Humidity-Controlled Crispers let you store fruits and vegetables in their ideal environment.
- Adjustable gallon-sized door bins move anywhere in the door for increased loading flexibility when and where you need it.
- LED interior lighting keeps food looking as good as it tastes. Natural light is cast inside the refrigerator so food looks like it’s supposed to.
- Easily organize frozen food with the 2 tier freezer design.
- With measured fill, select the exact amount of filtered water you need. The dispenser will fill your container in ounces, cups or liters, and automatically shut off when it’s done.
- Resist fingerprints and smudges with steel that easily wipes clean. Available in black stainless and stainless steel colors.
4. Frigidaire Galley Series French Door Refrigerator
The Frigidaire Gallery 22.4 cu. ft. Smudge-Proof Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator has a large capacity so you can store more. It’s easy to stay organized with a Full-Width Drawer that is large enough for party platters, 2 Crisper Drawers for fruits and vegetables and door bins that have room for large items such as gallons of milk. The ENERGY STAR Qualified refrigerator also has beautiful ramp-up lighting that keeps contents clearly visible. Plus, Smudge-Proof Stainless Steel with a protective coating that reduces fingerprints and smudges.
View at The Home Depot
- ENERGY STAR qualified to meet or exceed federal guidelines for energy efficiency for year-round energy and money savings.
- Ice Maker is located in the freezer on the left side.
- Icemaker uses PureSource Ultra filtered water and eliminates the need to fill ice trays.
- 4 Half-width Adjustable SpillSafe Shelves help to contain spills and adjust for loading flexibility.
- Temperature management system combines electronic controls and a multi-flow air system to help keep foods fresh longer.
- Door storage includes a Covered Dairy Compartment, 2 Store More Door bins, 1 Fixed Clear Door Bin and 2 Adjustable Clear Door Bins that offer storage for larger items in the door.
- Freezer drawer glides out smoothly and fully extends giving you easy access to 2 Sliding Full-width baskets.
- Water Filter Change Indicator Signal lets you know when the filter needs to be replaced.
- Soft-Arc Designer Doors with Color-coordinated handles.
- Designer Ramp-up lighting is beautiful and keeps contents clearly visible.
- A 3-door refrigerator has a 2-door refrigerator compartment on top and a freezer on the bottom.
- Counter-depth installation saves room in the kitchen.
Frigidaire FFSS2315TS (Energy Efficient)
5. Frigidaire Side-by-Side Refrigerator
The Frigidaire 22.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator has a large capacity and makes it easy to stay organized with gallon door storage, Crisper Drawers for fruits and vegetables. PureSource 3 filtration gives you great-tasting clean water and ice. Bright Lighting in both the refrigerator and freezer compartments makes it easy to see what’s inside.
View at The Home Depot
- 2-Paddle Design Water and Ice Dispenser is convenient and easy to use.
- Icemaker delivers filtered ice and eliminates the need to fill ice trays.
- PureSource 3 water filtration gives you cleaner, better-tasting ice and water at your fingertips.
- Ready-Select Control Panel features 5 options including Ice, Crushed Ice, Water and Dispenser Light on and off switch.
- 3 Sliding Glass Shelves help to contain spills, preventing spill over and making clean-up easier.
- 2 Crisper Drawers keep your fruits and vegetables fresh.
- Door Storage includes a covered Dairy Compartment, 2 Gal. Door bins and 2 l Adjustable Door Bins that offer storage for larger items.
- Large 14.17 cu. ft. fresh food capacity has the space to keep foods organized and 7.90 cu. ft. freezer capacity gives you room for storing all your frozen foods.
- 1 Full Freezer basket, 3 wire shelves and 4 White Bins in the door provide organized storage for frozen foods.
- Color-coordinated handles for a stylish appearance.
- 2-door refrigerator model that has the freezer on the left and the refrigerator on the right.
- Adjustable storage: Over 100 ways to organize and customize your refrigerator.
Refrigerator Buying Tips
When it comes to purchasing a new refrigerator for your home, it can be quite daunting as there are so many brands and models to choose from. This is why we do these product reviews and list the top 5. We want to help you in your decision making process by doing all the research for you in advance. This is why we only list the top 5! That way you don’t get bombarded with 17 different brands and 199 different models. Nobody has the time for that.
1. Decide On Your Door Type
Currently there are 4 main types of kitchen refrigerators on the market. Most of which you are probably familiar with but we’ll go ahead and list the details of each one below.
- French Door Refrigerators – Modern french door refrigerators are exactly what you’d expect them to be. They open like suicide doors from the center and typically have the freezer underneath. These refrigerators have gained popularity in the last 5 years and are the most popular right now.
- Side-By-Side Refrigerators – Side-by-side refrigerators are the same as french door refrigerators except there isn’t a freezer underneath. Instead, the left side is the freezer and the right side is the refrigerator. These types of refrigerators are best for smaller families that don’t eat at home very often since they have less room for storage than your typical french door refrigerator.
- Bottom Freezer Refrigerators – This type of refrigerator is exactly how it sounds. The top portion is the refrigerator ad the bottom portion is a freezer that slides out like a big drawer. They’re kind of like the French Door refrigerators except they don’t have french doors, it’s just one big door.
- Top Freezer Refrigerators – This is your standard, every day refrigerator that everyone knows about. The typical refrigerator that you’d see in an apartment complex etc. These refrigerators are basic and have the freezer on top and the refrigerator at the bottom.
2. Decide If You Care About Tech Features Or Not
With technology on the rise, the new refrigerators have some pretty cool features that are tech related. Do you need or want it though? That’s up to you. If you have a close-knit family that congregates in the kitchen every morning and eats breakfast together etc, then you should consider getting a refrigerator with a monitor. You’ll be able to do lots of interactive activities with your kids while you’re all together in the kitchen.
3. Decide What Finish Looks Best To You
It’s no doubt that a stainless-steel finish is the most popular these days. But let’s say you have a kitchen with lighter colors, you’ll want to take a look at black finishes. Refrigerators come in many finishes so deciding on which finish looks best shouldn’t be to big of an issue. We have seen everything from stainless-steel, black, brushed-black, brushed-nickel, white, and even a cool brushed-copper color. Find which finish looks best for you and your home.
4. Do You Need An Ice Maker/Water Dispenser?
Most modern refrigerators in today’s market have an ice maker and a water dispenser. These aren’t absolutely necessary to have but they can be a nice feature to take advantage of. The downside of ice makers and water dispensers is that they are usually the first parts of a refrigerator to malfunction. Decide if you absolutely need an ice maker and or water dispenser. Our first pick in our list has a high rating for its dispensing controls.
If you enjoyed this article, do us a favor and share it with your friends! In addition, if you like our product reviews, we invite you to join our mailing list and you will be notified whenever we release our most popular product reviews! Don’t worry though, we don’t spam, we only send 1-2 emails every 2 weeks. If you’d like to join our mailing list, you can sign up here.