Top 5 Best Baby Monitors | Keeping A Close Eye On Your Child
Have a new baby recently and in the market for a baby monitor? We can definitely help you there. Whether you’re a first-time parent or you’re about to have your second or third child, a modern-day baby monitor will help you every step of the way. You’ll be able to check on your baby at any given time on a monitor with phenomenal picture quality.
There are all kinds of baby monitors out there and it can be quite daunting trying to decide on the perfect one to buy. Some have WiFi, some have room temperature controls, and some have night vision so you can easily keep an eye on your baby during the late hours of the night.
Table of Contents
Topics Covered In This Product Review
- What Is A Baby Monitor?
- Why Should You Have A Baby Monitor?
- What Kind Of Features Do Baby Monitors Have?
- Top 5 Best Baby Monitors
- Wrap Up
Affiliate Disclaimer – If you purchase a baby monitor with any of our affiliate links, we will donate a good portion of it at no expense to you. With our product review revenues, we donate a good chunk to help our United States Veterans on a monthly basis. Your support greatly helps and we genuinely appreciate it. We try our best to make our reviews unbiased and backed by our findings by using and testing each product that we review in our testing facility.
1. What Is A Baby Monitor?
In today’s modern world there are two popular types of baby monitors. There are audio monitors and there are video monitors. The baby monitors we tested and reviewed for this review are all video monitors.
Modern-day baby monitors use a video camera to show images on a receiver by plugging the receiver into your television or some kind of portable LCD screen. It’s pretty much a simple surveillance system for children that a lot of people call a “baby cam”.
Some of these baby cams can work at night with low light levels as well. Most of the newer video monitors are also equipped with full-on night vision. Infrared LED’s are attached to the front of the camera which allows the user to see their baby in a dark room with no problem at all.
In addition, the baby monitors with night vision will switch to night vision automatically. This means you won’t have to do it yourself as soon as the sun drops.
Another great aspect is the fact that most baby monitors now work over a WiFi network so that parents can watch their babies through their smartphone, tablet, or their laptop.
Baby monitors continue to evolve and get better year after year. It seems as if more features are being added on a yearly basis and it’s great because it means these companies really care about the safety and protection of your child.
2. Why Should You Have A Baby Monitor?
This is kind of a personal question but it’s one that needs to be asked if you don’t already have a baby monitor. So why should you have a baby monitor? We can think of a few reasons why it would be beneficial for you to have one. We’ll list them below.
Security is one of the biggest reasons why you should have a baby monitor. It’s important to be able to keep an eye on your infant at all times. A baby monitor helps to ensure that your child is always safe while you’re in another room.
Convenience is another reason why baby monitors are extremely useful. Baby monitors allow the freedom to be able to leave your baby in the nursery while you are in another room getting work done or doing other things.
3. What Kind Of Features Do Baby Monitors Have?
In today’s modern world, baby monitors are jam-packed with all kinds of features and the list of features gets longer and longer every year. This is a good thing though because extra features allow for extra security and convenience. Below is a list of common features you will see in baby monitors these days.
- WiFi – Most baby monitors are now WiFi enabled which is great because now you can easily keep an eye on your infant from multiple mobile devices such as your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- Night Vision – This feature gives you a set of eyes in the dark. You will be able to see your baby in a dark room, clear as day.
- Interchangeable Lenses – The ability to change lenses is nice because sometimes you want to be able to change the optical zoom and the overall viewing angle of the room.
- 4K Display – The picture quality on your baby monitor will be crisp, clean, and very easy to see.
- Battery Life – Nowadays, the batteries that power your baby monitor can last 10-12 hours which is a big step up from previous models in past years.
- Two Way Audio – Now you can speak to your child from a different room with two-way audio. Your voice will be heard through the speakers on the camera in the baby’s room.
- Pre-Recorded Lullaby’s – You can now pre-record your infant’s favorite lullaby’s.
Overall these baby monitors have all kinds of great features to keep a good eye on your child while you have the freedom to do other things that need to get done. In our list, each baby monitor tells you about its features in the product details of each one.
4. Top 5 Best Baby Monitors
Below is our list of the top 5 best baby monitors that we got to test and review for ourselves. This first one was our favorite because it clearly had the best video quality out of any other baby monitor on our list. We felt that good picture quality was important because you want to be able to see every detail of your child, especially as a newborn.
Infant Optics DXR
1. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
Plug and play – no setup required. An independent sound-activated LED bar lets you see when your baby is crying. Unlike internet cameras, the DXR-8 offers zero load time delay-free playback on a dedicated monitor screen without hogging your smartphone.100% digital privacy, safe from hackers.
View On Amazon
- First-ever monitor with interchangeable optical lens capability – customize viewing angle and zoom.
- Large 3.5” full-color LCD display in a sleek, compact unit with retractable antenna, with sound-activated, LED display.
- Remote pan, tilt and digital zoom.
- Long battery life: 10 hours on power-saving mode, 6 hours with the screen on.
- Comes with a 1x aluminum optical zoom lens for seeing closer with refined clarity.
2. Nanit Plus - Smart Baby Monitor & Wall Mount
Part baby monitor, part baby translator, part sleep guru. Introducing Nanit. The best thing to happen to the baby monitor since the baby monitor it’s everything new parents need to keep an eye on their newborn. Data is safe with AES 256-bit symmetric-key encryption
View On Amazon
- Stay connected to your baby with two-way audio, background audio, and remote viewing from anywhere.
- Get your baby more sleep with sleep tracking and personalized sleep guidance, and see how they improve over time.
- Best view of your baby day and night: See and hear your baby 24/7 with HD live streaming, unparalleled night vision, and zoom to get in close. Plus, Nanit works over WiFi, even when the internet is down.
- Smart notifications: Nanit tracks sound and motion to keep you abreast of changes in the nursery. Temperature and humidity sensors monitor the environment, ensuring your baby is comfortable.
- iPhone, Android or tablet required. One year of Nanit Insights, sleep tracking, and personalized sleep guidance now included.
Sign up to get notified when we publish new product reviews!
Don't worry, we won't spam you - we only send 1-2 emails per week.
3. Miku Smart Baby Monitor
View On Amazon
- Miku Smart Baby Monitor is contact-free, so you can monitor real-time breathing without disturbing your baby’s sleep.
- Real-time data is available in the Miku app – breathing, temperature, humidity, sound, and motion are all tracked.
- Miku’s night vision paired with premium optics and HD storage means you’ll never miss the chance to capture an important moment – share and download unlimited HD video and photos from your smartphone.
- Software versions that upgrade automatically, Miku will always be ahead of the curve.
- Miku houses a high-security Crypto Chip so data remains secure, a feature unique to Miku.
4. Anmeate Video Baby Monitor
ANMEATE Video Baby Monitors feature high quality baby monitoring technology to provide parents peace of mind and an excellent user experience.
Portability. The portable parent unit can move around with you, enabling you to hear, see or talk to your baby no matter where you are in the house.
Two Way Talk Back Communication.
Comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice by using the two-way talkback system. Long Range Up to 900 feet (open space) with an out-of-range warning. Auto Infrared Night Vision – 2x Digital Zoom, Auto Infrared Night Vision. Rest assured knowing you’ll see your baby day and night. The Infrared Night Vision will automatically detect dim light, providing clear video even in dark rooms, so you will always know what your baby is doing. 2x Digital Zoom.
It allows you to watch your baby more closely. The monitor features digital zoom allowing you to get a closer view of the image on the screen. With the touch of a button, you can zoom in to watch your baby sleeping or catch a precious moment as they are waking up.
View On Amazon
- [HIGH-QUALITY COLOR LCD SCREEN] – This unique baby monitor features a High-Resolution Display with 2x zoom magnification for comprehensive coverage. The 2.4” screen can deliver a streaming live view whenever you check-in.
- [HIGH-DEFINITION NIGHT VISION&TEMPERATURE MONITORING] – This digital camera has 8 infrared LED Lights and could constantly monitor babies’ activities. Other built-in features include automatic night vision and temperature monitoring.
- [TWO-WAY TALKING&LONG TRANSMISSION RANGE] – The monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet. You could play 4 soothing lullaby songs or use the two-way talkback intercom function to comfort your babies.
5. Hello-Baby Baby Monitor
The monitor features a 3.2″ screen and a digital camera to provide a crystal clear image. The camera automatically detects low light and enables night vision so you’ll be able to see your baby even after bedtime.
Two-way communication lets you soothe your child without entering the room, while the room temperature display helps you ensure that your baby is comfortable. Sound level LED indicator allows you to see how much noise your baby is making in case he/she is crying.
View On Amazon
- REMOTE PAN TILT and ZOOM &3.2″ LCD DISPLAY: Remote control camera rotates 355° in horizontal and 120° vertical ensuring you always have a clear view of your baby from any angle.
- TWO WAY TALK: The crystal clear two-way audio feature allows conversation both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one.
- EASY and CONVENIENT to OPERATE: Setup is very simple just like plug and play. The Parent Unit powered by rechargeable battery gives you full mobility in the house.
- SMART FEATURES: Room temperature monitor and alert, night vision, lullaby, sound level LED indicator, audio-only mode.
- Expandable Cameras: One monitor can pair up to 4 Cameras. The additional camera will be available soon.
5. Wrap Up
Overall these are some great baby monitors. If we had to pick two of them to be our ultimate favorites, we would choose #1 and #2. Both performed very well when it came to video quality and overall performance.
If you have any questions about these baby monitors, feel free to leave a comment below. Or, if you would rather get in touch with us directly, feel free to use our contact form on our contact page and we will respond to your email in a timely manner.
If you enjoyed this article, do us a favor and share it with your friends! If you like our product reviews, join our mailing list to get notified when we publish new product reviews! Don’t worry, we don’t spam, we only send 1-2 emails every 2 weeks.