Top 5 Best Beard Trimmers For Men | Plus 6 Beard Trimming Tips
Whether it’s for your significant other or your own satisfaction, a well-trimmed beard can make your personal image look 10x better. In fact, if you’re reading this article right now then I bet it’s because you’re looking up information on beard trimmers. Well, it’s a good thing you landed here because you won’t need to go anywhere else after this. Why? Because today you’re going to see the best beard trimmers for men!
We tested and reviewed 10 of the best beard trimmers for thick beards that are currently on the market. We’re not going to list all 10 though. We will be listing what we thought were the top 5 because it’s better to choose between the top 5 than the top 10. It saves time and most of us don’t exactly enjoy wasting time.
It doesn’t matter how thick your beard is either. The trimmers we will be sharing with you today will work great with a thick beard or even light stubble as well. We’re also going to share some simple beard trimming tips as well.
Table of Contents
Topics Covered In This Product Review
- What Is A Beard Trimmer?
- Beard Trimming Tips
- Top 5 Best Beard Trimmers For Men
- Wrap Up
Affiliate Disclaimer – If you purchase a beard trimmer with any of our affiliate links, we will donate a good portion of it at no expense to you. With our product review revenues, we donate a good chunk to help our United States Veterans on a monthly basis. Your support greatly helps and we genuinely appreciate it. We try our best to make our reviews unbiased and backed by our findings by using and testing each product that we review in our testing facility.
1. What Is A Beard Trimmer?
The mechanics of a beard trimmer involves rotatory mechanics, crafted with a mini size motor, which rounds at a very fast speed. This motor causes two sets of hinged blades to move back and forth past one another allowing for the hair cuticles to be cut.
The main advantage of a beard trimmer, unlike other shaving tools, is that you can trim longer beards to a short length efficiently and effectively.
Before modern-day beard trimmers were created, all we had were oscillating electric shavers and as many of us know, these types of razors don’t cut close enough. That’s one of the main reasons beard trimmers were created, to get closer to the skin. They’re just a great overall tool for anyone with a beard, whether it’s long or short.
2. Beard Trimming Tips
When it comes to trimming your beard, let’s be honest, you want it to look sexy. No shame in that, we all do. Most ladies love it when they see a man with a well-groomed beard rather than a junkyard rat’s nest for a beard. In addition to the ladies, people, in general, prefer to see a well-groomed beard as well. It just looks cleaner and makes it look like you truly care about your hygiene. So let’s get started, below are 6 simple tips for trimming your beard.
- Trim After Showering – Wait until after your shower to trim your beard. Don’t trim it right away though, trim it after your beard is fully dry. You want to wait until it’s dry because then your beard will be well-hydrated and much easier to cut. In addition, you’ll have a much better idea of how your beard will look once it’s been cut.
- Brush Your Beard – This tip is self-explanatory but you want to brush your beard before trimming so you can get the knots out of it “if any”. This will make it easier to trim your beard.
- Be Careful When Trimming – I’ve made this mistake myself. There is no “undo” button if you make a mistake when trimming your beard. Always pay attention to what you’re currently trimming and how much you’re taking off as well.
- Brush Mustache Down – When you’re finished trimming, brush your mustache downwards. Doing this will align your mustache with your beard.
- Attack The Stragglers – When you’re all finished, take scissors and chop off any straggling hair you may have missed by accident.
- Use Beard Oil – Using a lightweight oil will help keep your beard hydrated throughout the day.
3. Top 5 Best Beard Trimmers For Men
We had the opportunity to test all of these beard trimmers before choosing what we thought were the top 5. This first one though, we thought it was the absolute best. Philips did a phenomenal job putting together such a robust multi-groomer package deal with so many different add-ons. In addition, the trimmer was very comfortable to hold and felt very good on the face as well, which is why we made it our #1 trimmer.
Philips Norelco Multi Groomer
1. Philips Norelco 23-Piece Multi Groomer
Enjoy maximum precision with DualCut technology, which includes 2x more blades. The steel blades lightly brush against one another – sharpening themselves as they work. This results in blades that are sharp as day 1 after 3 years of use. The trimmer and all of its attachments are fully washable, so simply rinse them under the faucet for easy cleaning.
The trimmer’s precise steel blades create clean, straight lines and evenly trim through the thickest hair. The non-corrosive blades won’t rust, and they self-sharpen to last longer.
View On Amazon
- 23 pieces for all your trimming needs: a metal trimmer, a foil shaver, a detail metal trimmer, a nose and ear trimmer, an extra-wide hair trimmer, 6 hair trimming guards, 3 beard trimming guards, 2 stubble trimming guards, 2 body trimming guards, an eyebrow trimming guard, a storage bag and a cleaning brush.
- DualCut technology for maximum precision.
- Powerful Lithium-ion battery delivers 5hrs of runtime.
- The fully washable trimmer can be easily rinsed under the tap.
- Reinforced guards won’t bend or buckle while trimming.
Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer
2. Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer
This Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 7200 is designed for a cleaner trimming experience. It gives you a perfectly even trim with less mess, so you can feel confident everyday. The integrated vacuum system delivers powerful suction technology that catches cut hair quickly so you can create your look without making a mess.
The innovative lift and trim technology guides the hair to the level of the blades for an effortless even trim – no need to repeatedly trim the same spot over and over again.
View On Amazon
- The integrated vacuum system catches up to 90% of cut hair for less mess. The high-velocity motor and fan system creates powerful suction to lift and capture hairs.
- With innovative lift & trim technology, the trimmer effectively lifts and guides hairs for a more efficient cut.
- The self-sharpening steel blades are designed to effectively cut each hair perfectly, preventing skin irritation, and are double sharpened to cut more hairs in every pass for faster trimming.
- The trimmer offers 20 built-in length settings, so you can select your preferred trim length by simply turning the zoom wheel until the length you want is displayed from 0.5mm – 10mm.
- Advanced lithium-ion battery delivers maximum power for high-performance cutting. Charge your beard trimmer for 1 hour to get 80 minutes of cordless use. It can also be used while charging.
Sign up to get notified when we publish new product reviews!
Don't worry, we won't spam you - we only send 1-2 emails per week.
Philips Norelco Multi Groomer
3. Philips Norelco 18-Piece Multi Groomer
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 is the all-in-one trimmer for maximum precision with 2x more blades. Craft your own personal look with this versatile trimmer, which includes 18 quality tools for styling your face, head and body. DualCut technology, which includes 2x more blades.
The steel blades lightly brush against one another sharpening themselves as they work. This results in blades that are sharp as day 1 after 3 years of use. The no-slip rubber grip improves comfort and control.
Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 contains a regular metal trimmer, a detail metal trimmer, an extra-wide hair trimmer, a nose and ear trimmer, 3 beard trimming guards, 6 hair trimming guards, 2 body trimming guards, 2 stubble trimming guards, a cleaning brush and a storing bag.
View On Amazon
- All-in-one trimmer for face, head, and body styling: 18 pieces for all your trimming needs.
- Maximum precision with DualCut technology includes 2x more self-sharpening blades that remain after 4 years of use.
- Lithium battery delivers 3 hours of cordless run time, or use while plugged in for continuous use.
- To deliver maximum torque and power, the trimmer includes a full-metal motor and a drive train that’s been reinforced with tempered steel.
Remington Grooming Kit
4. Remington Beard Grooming Kit
The REMINGTON All-In-One Grooming Kit gives you the power of precision with complete versatility for all of your grooming needs. The kit includes: a full- size trimmer; foil shaver; nose, ear and detail trimmer; hair clipper comb with 8 length settings; three beard and stubble combs; and a storage/travel pouch.
The rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 65 minutes of cordless runtime. Achieve the style you desire with self-sharpening, surgical steel blades that stay sharp and are long-lasting. The textured grip fits firmly in your hand for ultimate control at any angle. The washable attachments can be rinsed under a faucet for easy cleaning.
View On Amazon
- 14 Settings for All Your Grooming Needs – Full-Size Trimmer; Nose, Ear, & Detail Trimmer; Detail Shaver; 8-Length Hair Clipper Comb; 3 Snap-On Beard and Stubble Combs.
- Self-Sharpening, Surgical Steel Blades for Long-Lasting Precision and Durability.
- Cordless Lithium Power – Up To 65 Minutes of Runtime.
- Washable Attachments – Just rinse under the faucet.
- Storage Pouch Included – Great for travel.
Braun Beard Trimmer
5. Braun Beard Trimming Kit
Create different beard styles with the new Braun BT5040 rechargeable Beard trimmer & Hair Trimmer. 39 length settings & lifetime sharp blades deliver ultimate precision for an even cut. Li-ion+ battery for 150%* longer running time. Fully washable men’s beard trimmer/ hair clipper. Cordless & corded use for maximum flexibility.
The short beard comb helps you maintain short to medium beards (0.5 – 10 mm) and even clips your hair. Remove the comb for an even closer (0.5 mm) trim. The precision dial allows you to achieve the exact desired length in 0.5 mm steps.
Maintain longer beard or hairstyles with the 11 – 20 mm comb. The precision dial allows you to achieve the exact desired length in 0.5 mm steps. Clean shave neck, cheeks, and face with the free Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide razor with Flexball Technology.
View On Amazon
- Lifetime sharp blades for even beard trimming & hair clipping.
- Precision dial & 2 combs provide 39 length settings from 0.5 – 20mm in 0.5mm increments.
- Li-ion+ battery for 150%* longer running time. Corded and cordless use *vs. previous model BT3040.
- Free Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide razor with Flexball Technology for clean shaving.
- Fully washable beard trimmer and hair trimmer.
4. Wrap Up
Whether you have a long and thick beard or some short stubble, our top 5 best beard trimmers for men will do the job that you need them to do. No longer will you have to deal with oscillating electric razors that never get close enough to the face. A beard trimmer will get right up to the skin and you won’t be disappointed.
All five of our trimmer are great choices, all of us here at Gnarloc have a beard that grows back quite a bit in just a few days. All 4 of us tried each one of the trimmers for 2 days and couldn’t be happier. We all ended up keeping one after we were finished with the review.
If you have any questions regarding any of these beard trimmer, feel free to leave us a comment below. Or, if you would rather message us directly, feel free to send us a message using our contact form on our contact page and we will respond to your email in a timely manner.
If you enjoyed this article, do us a favor and share it with your friends! If you like our product reviews, join our mailing list to get notified when we publish new product reviews! Don’t worry, we don’t spam, we only send 1-2 emails every 2 weeks.