Last updated on January 14th, 2020
From eating healthy/dieting to treating the kids to a healthy snack, blending a fruit smoothie has never tasted better! You’re about the find out which blenders are the best blenders for smoothies. We spent an entire weekend testing out 25 different blender models and wow did we have a lot of fun and learn a lot!
It turns out, not all blenders on the market are good for making smoothies. We found that some of them actually performed very bad when it came to chopping up the harder fruits such as strawberries and apples.
Some smoothie recipes include apples and many of them include strawberries as well. Because of this, we wanted to make sure that our top 5 list only included blenders that can chop any kind of fruit that you throw at it!
As we got going in our tests we actually came out with 7 blenders that were great for making smoothies but the other 2 didn’t have as many settings or features as the main 5 had. So we cut those out of the list as well.
We did the testing and research for you so that you don’t have to spend hours doing it yourself. If you’re in the market for a good quality blender for making smoothies this summer, then our top 5 we’re going to show you today will do the job.
About Smoothie Blenders
Smoothie blenders use a 1-2 liter blending container that is typically made of glass, plastic, or stainless steel. The glass blenders are typically heavier but are the most stable out of the bunch.
Plastic, on the other hand, is prone to scratching and absorbing the smell of blended food over time.
Stainless steel is preferred for its looks but limits the visibility of the ingredients as it’s being blended. Overall, we prefer glass blenders.
Most smoothie blenders have 3-16 speed settings which are nice because the more choices you have in speed settings, the smoother your smoothies will be. Most of these blenders have removable blades as well. If they do, they should have an o-ring or gasket between the body of the blender and the base to seal the blender and prevent spillage.
These O-rings can be easily replaced if you ever have an issue with them.
Top 5 Best Blenders For Smoothies
We had a lot of fun testing all of these blenders, this first Cuisinart was our favorite as it was the easiest to clean and it chopped our fruits in the quickest time out of any of the other blenders we tested. If you’re looking for a good blender to make smoothies for you or your kids, these five will do the job!
This is why we tested and reviewed them, we want to suggest the absolute best products to our readers so that they know for a fact that they are buying a good quality product. Below are our top 5 best blenders for making smoothies!
1. Cuisinart Hurricane Pro
The Cuisinart Hurricane Pro is by far the best blender that we tested. This blender is an absolute beast when it comes to making smoothies or healthy green drinks! What’s great about this one is it only takes 1 button to make your smoothie. Most others you have to click specific settings etc but this one is much more efficient. Unrelated, but it’s also great for making homemade dips as well.
Cuisinart introduces its most powerful blender ever. Hurricane Pro has a commercially-rated 3.5 Peak HP motor and professional features that let it outperform every blender in its class. Innovative BlendLogix technology ensures consistent blending speeds regardless of density or volume of ingredients, and lets users adjust preset times, then remembers the new settings.
- Powerful commercial-grade 3.5 peak horsepower.
- Extra-large, 64-ounce BPA-free Tritan plastic jar with soft-grip handle.
- Exclusive BlendLogix operating technology and automatic load sensing.
- This blender has variable speed control – 1,500 to 25,000 RPM, Turbo Boost to 30,000 for maximum blending power.
- Adjust any preset time and the memory feature will save it until you change it.
2. Vitamix Smart Blender
This blender has three program settings (for smoothies, and frozen desserts) which automatically adjust to the container size you’ve selected, process your recipes, and stop the blender when complete. The built-in wireless connectivity will allow ascent series blenders to evolve with the latest innovations for years to come. Variable speed control and pulse feature let you fine-tune the texture of any recipe.
The motor base is able to read the container size you’ve chosen and automatically adjust program settings and maximum blending times accordingly. A built-in digital timer removes the guesswork with recipes you process manually, helping you achieve the perfect texture every time.
- This blender has three program settings for smoothies, hot soup, and frozen desserts.
- It has variable speed control and a pulse feature that lets you fine-tune the texture of any recipe.
- The motor base is able to read the container size you’ve chosen and automatically adjust program settings and maximum blending times accordingly.
- It has a built-in digital timer that removes the guesswork with recipes you process manually, helping you achieve the perfect texture every time.
- Electrical Ratings- 120 V, 50-60 Hz, 12 Amps.
- Top 5 Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Budget Blenders
- Best Espresso Machines Under $300
- Top 5 Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
3. Ninja Chef Blender (Most Popular)
The Ninja Chef Blender features a 1500-watt advanced motor system, next-generation high-speed blade design, and Ninjas widest variable speed range, designed to power through tough ingredients and avoid bogging down. Choose between the 10 pre-set Auto-iQ programs or switch to Manual mode for total variable speed control from 7,000 to 18,000 RPM.
The Ninja Chef is designed especially for you, kitchen experimenter, to turn that home-cook inspiration into real chef-quality results. The 1500-watt advanced motor system with next-generation blades is designed to power through tough ingredients and avoid bogging down.
- The 1500-watt advanced motor system with next-generation blades is designed to power through tough ingredients and avoid bogging down.
- 10 pre-set Auto-iQ programs designed to eliminate the guesswork from making great-tasting drinks and delicious meals.
- This blender has 10 manual mode speeds with variable speed control allowing for total control and customization.
- Easily clean your pitcher at the touch of a button.
- Run the Clean Program with some hot water and dish soap after you are done with your recipe, it’s that easy.
- Includes a 1500-Watt Base, 72 oz. Pitcher, Tamper, Lid with Vented Lid Cap, and 50-Recipe Booklet.
- Attachments are BPA free and dishwasher safe.
4. Vitamix 5200
Vitamix fuels passions. It’s why they’re the brand most trusted by professional chefs. But you won’t just find them in restaurant kitchens. You’ll also find them in home kitchens around the world. Because whether you’re interested in the culinary arts, making healthier choices, or enjoying restaurant-quality smoothies at home, when you’re ready to move on and move up, when you’re ready to invest in your passion, you’re ready for Vitamix.
- Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures.
- The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you’re in complete control.
- The size and shape of the self-cleaning 64-ounce container are ideal for blending medium to large batches.
- Electrical Ratings: 120 Volts, 50/60 Hz, 11.5 Amps.
- The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes.
- The aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results.
- With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds.
5. Ninja Mega Kitchen System
The Ninja Mega Kitchen System provides Professional Performance and Power in XL 72oz. Pitcher, XL 8 cup Processor Bowl, and Nutri Ninja Cups! The Mega Kitchen System is perfect for frozen blending, food processing, and Nutrient and Vitamin extraction.
Total Crushing Technology delivers unbeatable professional power with blades that pulverize and crush through ice, whole fruits and vegetables in seconds. Blast ice into snow in seconds and blend your favorite ingredients into delicious sauces, dips, and smoothies!
With a generous 8 cup capacity, this food processor handles all of your chopping and dough making needs. The dough blade allows you to effortlessly mix 2 lbs. of dough in 30 seconds!
- The 72 oz total crushing pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies 2 horsepower.
- 8-cup food processor bowl provides perfect, even chopping and makes up to 2 lbs of dough in 30 seconds.
- Dishwasher-safe and BPA-free parts include one 1500-watt base, food processor bowl, 72 oz total crushing pitcher, two 16 oz Nutri Ninja cups with to-go lids, and a 30-recipe inspiration guide.
Our Favorite Smoothie Recipes
Amazing Smoothie Recipes We Tried With These Blenders
Between each and every blender that we tested, we tried a different smoothie recipe and some were great but some were just awful. The ones that were awful were just a mix of fruits and ingredients that should NEVER be blended together. They were gross. Overall, we’ve included 5 of our favorite smoothie recipes to share with you that we absolutely loved. Some are fruit smoothies, others are more on the dessert side of the spectrum.
Strawberry Banana Healthy Smoothie
Vanilla Oreo Dessert Smoothie
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter
- Orange Juice
- Plain Greek Yogurt
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
- Apple Juice
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
Very Berry Blueberry Smoothie
- Vanilla Yogurt
One thing to keep in mind when you’re deciding on a blender to buy, you want to make sure that it’s going to look good on your counter as well. This was another factor that took into play while we were deciding on our top 5 list.
We hope that we were able to be of help in deciding which type of blender to buy. If you have any questions on any of these blenders, feel free to leave us a comment below. Or, if you would rather message us directly, feel free to use our contact form on our contact page and we will respond to your email in a timely manner.
What kind of smoothies do you like to make at your home?