Top 5 Best Drones Drones In 2019 | Which Drone Is The Best?
Thinking about getting a drone this summer? You should. We finally bought one and it has been a lot of fun going out on the weekends and taking it up in the air! In this product review you’re going to find the top 5 best drones on the market in 2019.
We spent a full day in Best Buy figuring out which drones were the absolute best. With most of them, the number one statistic we were concerned about was battery life. Come to our surprise, these drones actually have quite the respectable battery life for being in the air and using as much power as they do.
We also wanted to know the overall top speeds. It seems a lot of people these days are using drones for action sports such as skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, cliff diving, all kinds of action sports to get that perfect shot. Realtors have even started using them to capture beautiful aerial shots of the properties they are selling. There’s just so much you can do with these drones.
If you’re a photographer, video producer, or just a normal drone fan, you can choose one of these 5 drones and let drone flying become your new hobby. Out of all the drones we got to see and test, these are the top 5 that we decided to list in our review.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro (Most Popular)
1. DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter
The DJI Mavic 2 Pro embodies all of DJI’s advanced and signature technologies, including: Hasselblad Camera (Mavic 2 Pro), 8 km 1080p Video Transmission, Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, & Hyperlapse. The Mavic 2 Pro is all about dynamic perspectives. Capture everything from wide angle to mid-range shots for even more creative options.
- Latest Flagship Drone: Powered by Hasselblad L1D-20C Camera provided Ultra-Image Quality; 20 MP 1 inch CMOS Sensor and Adjustable Aperture, 10 bit HRD Video.
- Better Flying Experience: Up to 31 minutes flight time, 44 mph max speed, low noise propellers, 3-axis gimbal for steady shots, 8GB internal storage, Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, SD card support up to 128GB.
- More Functionality: ActiveTrack 2.0, Dolly Zoom, Hyperlapse, Low-Noise Design, HDR Photos.
- Package includes: Mavic 2 Pro Aircraft Body, 1X Intelligent Flight Battery, Gimbal Protector, Remote Controller, 3x Propellers (Pair), Battery Charger, Power Cable, Communication Cable (USB3.0 Type-C), USB Adapter, Spare Control Sticks (Pair), RC Cable (Lightning connector), RC Cable (Standard Micro USB connector), RC Cable (USB Type-C connector).
- Extra Dealer’s Choice Accessories: Polares Filter Set (CPL, ND8, ND16, ND32), 64GB MicroSD card, Landing Gear, Landing Pad and 10L lightweight backpack. Authorized Dealer, Full Manufacturer warranty.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 7 reviews) = 4.5 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
DJI Mavic Air
2. DJI Mavic Air Quadcopter
A marvel of engineering and design, the Mavic Air was built to go wherever adventure takes you. Inheriting the best of the Mavic series, this ultraportable and foldable drone features high-end flight performance and functionality for limitless exploration. 3-Axis Gimbal Camera. The Mavic Air is the most portable DJI drone to house a 3-axis mechanical gimbal, with its angular vibration range reduced to 0.005 degrees. Set in a triangular formation, gimbal dampeners help create even steadier shots. 32 MP Sphere Panoramas. In addition to Horizontal, Vertical, and 180 degrees panoramas, the Mavic Air stitches 25 photos together in just eight seconds to create crystal-clear 32 MP Sphere panoramas.
- DJI AUTHORIZED DEALER – Includes Full DJI USA WARRANTY.
- DJI Mavic Air Quadcopter Drone – Flame Red.
- The ultraportable Mavic Air features high-end flight performance and functionality for limitless exploration, 32 MP Sphere Panoramas.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Drone – Remote Control – Intelligent Flight Battery – Charger – Power Cable – Propellers (Pair) x4 – Propeller Guards (set) – RC-to-Lightning Cable – RC-to-Micro USB Cable – RC-to-USB Type C cable – Gimbal Protector – Communication Cable – USB Adapter – RC Cable Sliders (Large & Small) – Carrying Case – Replacement Control Stick Pair – 1-Year Limited Warranty.
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: DJI Mavic Air Quadcopter Drone (Flame Red) – DJI MAVIC AIR Intelligent Flight Battery Mavic Air accessories – Deco Gear DJI Mavic Air Hardshell Backpack.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 14 reviews) = 4.5 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
DJI Spark (Best Budget)
3. DJI Spark With Remote
Though agile in the air, drones can be bulky and cumbersome when on land. Not so with the DJI Spark which won’t hold you back no matter what the adventure. This compact quadcopter features an integrated camera with motorized stabilization to capture 12MP photos, 1080p Full HD videos, and even aerial selfies. The drone’s compact size, 31 mph top speed, and up to 16 minutes of flight time will appeal to a variety of users, from FPV enthusiasts to racers to those just looking for more dynamic shots than are possible with simply a smartphone or camcorder.
The drone features GPS- and vision-based navigation for outdoor or indoor use, a variety of flight modes, and a 3D obstacle-detection system.Package Includes DJI Spark Quadcopter 3 pairs of 4730S Quick Release Folding Propellers for Spark Drone DJI Remote Controller for Spark Quadcopter one Intelligent Flight Battery for Spark Quadcopter one Charger one Micro-USB Cable Hard Foam Storage Box.
- DJI Spark Remote Control Combo Includes Remote controller and standard Spark accessory kit (See Details Below).
- 2-Axis Stabilized Gimbal Camera 12MP Still Photos / 1080p/30 Video Gesture and TapFly Control.
- FlightAutonomy with Obstacle Detection Subject Tracking from Various Angles GPS- & Vision Position-Based Navigation.
- Top Speed of 31 mph in Sport Mode Up to 16 Minutes Flying Time.
- Up to 1.2 Mile Control Range Control, Edit, Share with DJI GO App.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 134 reviews) = 4.5 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
4. Parrot Anafi Drone
- This drone with a camera equipped with f/2.4 wide angle ASPH lens, HDR, and up to 2.8 times digital zoom captures spectacular 4K videos, Full HD or 2.7K videos (2704×1520), and 21 MP photos without loss of quality. Additionally, you have a timer, a Burst mode that captures 10 photos per second, and wizards to take over professional settings.
- The ANAFI Parrot Drone can have up to 25 minutes of filmed flight time thanks to an intelligent Li-Po battery that optimizes its life and charges 60% faster using the Power Delivery USB Type C charger.
- With its ultra-compact and lightweight carbon frame (320 g), this quadcopter drone unfolds in less than 3 seconds, reaches a speed of 55 km/h in sport mode and withstands bullets up to 50 km/h.
- Equipped with a Parrot Skycontroller 3 folding remote control, the ANAFI Parrot Drone can be located at any time thanks to the activation of your smartphone’s vibrator when attention or immediate action is needed, as well as the Geofence, SmartRth, and Find My Drone functions.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 89 reviews) = 4.5 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
5. Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter
The Yuneec Q500 Typhoon Quadcopter with 4k CGO3 3-Axis Gimbal RTF Camera is a complete air and ground imaging solution that captures unparalleled 4K video and 12mp still images while maintaining the Typhoon family tradition of being easy and safe to fly. The Q500 4K Typhoon arrives factory-assembled, test-flown, ready to fly and film out of the box. The Typhoon Q500 4K includes the aircraft, CGO3 Camera and 3-Axis Precision Gimbal, ST10+ Personal Ground Station, Battery, Charger, SteadyGrip and 16GB micro SD card.
- Personal Ground Station with built-in touchscreen, Integrated 3-axis precision gimbal camera.
- 4K/30fps ultra high definition video, 1080p/120fps slow motion video.
- User controlled video resolution, white balance and light exposure.
- 12 megapixel photos with No-Distortion Lens.
- Does not include Aluminum case, includes one battery.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 75 reviews) = 4 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
Tips For Owning A Drone
Remember The Law
The law doesn’t really apply to the cheaper drones that are less than $100. The cheaper drones are classified as more of a toy. However, there are laws for the more expensive drones that have autonomous flying capabilities and shoot high quality video and photo. You’ll need to register your drone with The Federal Aviation Administration or (FAA). It’s easy to do and you can register on the FAA website.
Learn About Your Drone
Do as much research as you possibly can before you start using your drone in public. Here’s the thing, you don’t want to go receive your drone in the mail and just go start flying right away. You need to learn the controls and how they work first. We’ve seen this first-hand, a new drone owner didn’t bother learning about their drone first. They took it up in the air and the drone fell to the ground and broke one of the rotors. Learn about your drone before flying.
Check Your Drone Before Flying
This one is important, it’s the same reasons why single-engine airplane pilots check their planes before flying as well. You want to make sure all your components are in working order as well as your your rotors. The last thing you want is to take it up in the air and have a component malfunction.
Respect Others If Flying In Town
Let’s be real here, drones can be quite noisy and some people don’t like this. The noise they make can be annoying at times as well. If someone asks you to stop, just do it. It’s not worth the hassle of someone calling the police on you for something as little as a noise complaint.
So you see, there are so many awesome drones to choose from in 2019. It’s a tough decision, but I’m sure you already know which ones stand out the most. We know that the GoPro Quad-copter should be on this list as well, but we didn’t include it for a specific reason. We didn’t want to include the GoPro drone because those drones only work with a GoPro. Which we realize that not everyone owns a GoPro so it wouldn’t have made much sense to include it in this article. Overall, these are the top 5 best drones you can buy in 2019. Get out there and explore the world from a birds eye view!
Your first flight will be a lot of fun and something you will never forget. If you have any questions regarding any of these drones, or if you think a different one should be on our list, let us know in the comments below. We’d love to hear your opinion on these drones.
If you enjoyed this article, do us a favor and share it with your friends! In addition, if you like our product reviews, we invite you to join our mailing list and you will be notified whenever we release our most popular product reviews! Don’t worry though, we don’t spam, we only send 1-2 emails every 2 weeks. If you’d like to join our mailing list, you can sign up here.