Top 5 Best Electric Lawn Mowers | Go Green With Your Lawn This Year
It’s the weekend and the grass on your lawn is getting long. It’s time to mow and you are absolutely dreading the idea of getting the mower out and having to deal with mowing the lawn again. You’re also probably annoyed by the fact that you have to go to the gas station just to fill up a jug of gas for the mower as well!
In today’s modern world, nobody likes to waste time and having to go to the gas station just to get gas for the lawn mower is pretty annoying. Today we’re going to show you the best electric lawn mowers!
But guess what, now you don’t have too! Now we’ve got these super-efficient electric lawnmowers. That’s right! No more having to go to the gas station just to fill a jug with smelly gasoline to mow your lawn. These electric mowers run on highly efficient batteries so you don’t have to deal with gas anymore.
Another great thing about these electric lawnmowers is they last a lot longer because you don’t have to deal with the engine flooding with gas or any random annoyances like that.
Table of Contents
Topics Covered In This Product Review
- About Electric Lawn Mowers
- What Are The Benefits Of An Electric Lawn Mower?
- How Long Do The Batteries Last?
- Top 5 Best Electric Lawn Mowers
- Wrap Up
Affiliate Disclaimer – If you purchase an electric lawn mower with any of our affiliate links, we will donate a good portion of it at no expense to you. With our product review revenues, we donate a good chunk to help our United States Veterans on a monthly basis. Your support greatly helps and we genuinely appreciate it. We try our best to make our reviews unbiased and backed by our findings by using and testing each product that we review in our testing facility.
1. About Electric Lawn Mowers
There are two types of electric lawnmowers. We have corded electric lawnmowers and we have cordless electric lawnmowers.
When it comes to power, cordless electric lawn mowers are typically powered by a variable number of 12-volt, 56-volt, and 80-volt rechargeable batteries. Typically, the more batteries you have means the more run time and or power you will have.
Batteries can be placed either on the inside or the outside of the mower, it depends on the brand of which mower you get. We preferred the electric mowers with batteries on the outside because they are extremely easy to swap out.
Battery-powered mowers also have the same maneuverability as a gasoline-powered lawnmower, except they’re a bit more environmentally friendly. Battery-powered mowers are a bit more expensive as well but for a good reason. These mowers will last much longer than a gasoline mower and they are much cleaner than a gasoline mower as well. Let’s get to some of the benefits of an electric lawnmower.
2. What Are The Benefits Of An Electric Lawn Mower?
When it comes to the benefits of having an electric lawn mower, there are many in comparison to a gasoline-powered lawnmower. Below is a list of benefits that come with an electric lawnmower.
- No Gasoline – No longer will you have to deal with the hassle of filling up your lawnmower with gas.
- Cleanliness – Electric lawn mowers are a lot cleaner than a gasoline mower since there isn’t any gasoline being used, therefore you won’t have buildups of oil or gasoline spillage at all.
- Storage – Electric lawn mowers are able to fold down into the size of the mower base so you can store them in just about any corner.
- Noise – Electric lawnmowers typically operate between 72-76 decibels compared to gasoline lawnmowers which are loud and operate between 95-102 decibels.
- Terrain – Electric mowers can mow in any terrain that a gasoline mower can because they have the same rugged-style wheels.
3. How Long Do The Batteries Last?
When it comes to battery power, one battery in an electric lawn mower typically lasts up to 40 minutes. It’s very common for people to get two batteries when buying an electric lawn mower considering it’s better to be safe than sorry.
You’re obviously not going to use an electric lawnmower to mow very large lawns so therefore 1-2 batteries are really all you would need. Most people who buy these types of lawnmowers have smaller lawns in town and don’t want to deal with the hassle of having to go get gas just to fill it up for the day.
4. Top 5 Best Electric Lawn Mowers
Below is our list of the top 5 best electric lawn mowers on the market. These mowers performed beyond our expectations and all five of them were very easy to clean up afterward as well. The first one on our list was our most favorite, it was extremely quiet and very easy to use compared to the other four. The other four were great as well though. Our next most favorite was the Snapper XD at number 4.
EGO Electric Mower
1. EGO Walk Behind Electric Push Mower
This was our favorite electric mower which is why we placed it as number one on our list of the best electric lawnmowers!
Providing the torque of gas without the noise, fuss or fumes, the EGO 21 in. 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Battery Push Mower mows up to two miles on a single charge. It delivers long-lasting power, rapid charging, and durability in all weather conditions. The advanced EGO POWER+ 56-Volt ARC-Lithium battery uses industry-leading technology to deliver a long run time and is compatible with all EGO POWER+ products.
- Up to 45 minutes of cut time with the included battery.
- 40-minute charge time with included charger.
- 5.0 Ah 56-Volt battery is compatible with all EGO POWER+ products and chargers.
- 21 in. cut capacity.
- Weather-resistant construction.
- 3-in-1: mulching/bagging/side discharge.
- Folds easily for compact storage.
- Push-button start.
- Single-lever, 6-position deck-height adjustment.
- Easy-access 2-bushel grass collection bag.
- LED headlights for optimal visibility.
- 5-year limited warranty.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 2,778 reviews) = 4.9 out of 5 stars
View at The Home Depot
2. Toro Walk Behind Electric Lawn Mower
Save time, finish faster, and make your job easier with Toro 22 in. Recycler Push 60-Volts Max Battery Mower. Raise your expectations with this easy-to-start, easy-to-use, and easy-to-maintain mower. You can now more in less time by cutting a wider path with each pass with the extra-long 22-inch blade. It is ready when you are, as it starts the first time, every time.
Made to last, it has rugged durability with a steel deck, not plastic. Get a healthy-looking lawn by returning nutrient-rich clippings to the soil. Plus, save storage space with its space-saving design. With 324 Watt-hours, the L324 battery can cut up to 1/3 of an acre. The L324 smart battery has intelligent software that maximizes run time and performance.
- Mow more in less time, save time, finish faster and make your job easier cut a wider path with each pass with an extra-long 22 in. blade.
- This mower starts the first time, every time. Reliable starting and low maintenance with battery power. The L324 60-Volts battery has intelligent battery software to maximize run time and power.
- Cut up to 1/3 of an acre on a full charge with the included L324 battery (60-Volt MAX, 6.0 Amp-hour, 324 Watt-hour) and charger.
- Get more power and longer life out of your mower, thanks to a high-performance brushless DC motor with less friction, lower maintenance .and less wear than a brushed motor.
- This mower is made to last with its rugged durability in the steel deck, not plastic, the steel deck adds durability and productivity.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 16 reviews) = 4 out of 5 stars
View at The Home Depot
Sign up to get notified when we publish new product reviews!
Don't worry, we won't spam you - we only send 1-2 emails per week.
3. DeWALT Walk Behind Electric Push Mower
The 2x 20-Volt MAX DEWALT 3-in-1 Cordless Lawn Mower is powered by (2) 20-Volt MAX batteries to deliver 2x the voltage. The high-output brushless motor delivers powerful performance and increases torque in high overgrowth.
The lawn mower’s 3-in-1 capability allows for mulching, bagging, or rear clipping discharge. It is perfect for properties up to 1/4 acre.
For optimal performance, the battery-powered lawn mower can be paired with high capacity 20-Volt MAX DEWALT batteries or FLEXVOLT (R) batteries for extended runtime and maximum compatibility across DEWALT battery systems.
This cordless lawnmower is designed to help you get the job done with a 20 in. metal deck, quick and easy single lever height adjustment, and folding handles for compact upright storage.
- Powerful brushless motor and (2) 20-Volt MAX batteries working simultaneously for high power output.
- 3-in-1: mulching, bagging, and rear discharging.
- Heavy-duty 20 in. metal deck.
- Single lever height adjusts ranging from 1.5 in. – 3.4 in.
- Folding handle and lift handles for easy transport and compact storage.
- For maintenance of commercial and residential properties.
- Ideal for cutting yards of up to 1/4 acre.
- Ideal for pairing with high capacity 20-Volt MAX DEWALT batteries or 60-Volt FLEXVOLT DEWALT Batteries for extended run time.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 142 reviews) = 4 out of 5 stars
View at The Home Depot
4. Snapper XD Walk Behind Electric Lawn Mower
The push button start Snapper XD 82-Volt MAX 19 in. walk mower features a durable steel 3-in-1 mowing deck, allowing you to mulch, side discharge or bag for up to 45-minutes with the included OEM Branded 2 Ah battery.
Effortlessly choose from 7 different cutting heights with a convenient single-level height-of-cut adjustment. This quiet walk mower requires less maintenance and has vertical storage capabilities, saving you valuable time and space in your garage or shed.
- Up to 45-minutes run time with fully charged 2 Ah battery.
- Works with OEM branded 82-Volt lithium-ion batteries.
- 19 in. mowing deck with a 3-in-1 design.
- Mulch, bag or side discharge grass clippings easily.
- Load sensing technology.
- Power adjusts to meet the demands of the cutting blades.
- Push-button start and a single-lever, 7-position height-of-cut adjustment.
- Compact vertical storage capability saves room in a garage or shred.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 55 reviews) = 4.5 out of 5 stars
View at The Home Depot
5. RYOBI Walk Behind Electric Lawn Mower
RYOBI redefines cordless lawn mowers with the second generation 20 in. 40-Volt Brushless Mower. Featuring gas-like power, this mower has an intelligent brushless motor with load-sensing technology, allowing it to detect and deliver the power needed to maintain an optimal cutting speed. This means the mower will not get bogged down in overgrown patches of grass and, when additional power is not needed, increases run time by saving the battery.
The RYOBI Brushless Mower has a large 20 in. cutting deck, and with its mulching or bagging option, you can get the job done quickly and just the way you like. With its push-button start and 7-position single point height adjustment, you’re ready to begin in seconds without having to mess with gas and oil.
- Works with all RYOBI 40-Volt lithium-ion tools and batteries.
- A powerful brushless motor delivers gas-like power.
- Load sensing technology – maximizes power and efficiency.
- Includes 40-Volt 5.0Ah high-capacity battery for extended run time.
- 7-position, single-point height adjustment from 1.5 in. to 4 in.
- 2-in-1 mulching and bagging capabilities.
- Side discharge accessory: model AC40VSD Sold Separately.
- Instant, hassle-free push-button start.
- High-intensity LED headlights.
- Carrying handles for user convenience.
- Onboar battery compartment for an additional battery.
- Foldable quick-release handle for compact storage.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 5,295 reviews) = 4.7 out of 5 stars
View at The Home Depot
5. Wrap Up
If you’re tired of always having to get gas to fill up your lawnmower, your next best option is an electric lawnmower. These mowers have many benefits and you will not be disappointed in their overall performance.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of these lawnmowers, feel free to leave us a comment below. Or, if you would rather contact us directly, feel free to use our contact form on our contact page and we will respond to your email in a timely manner.
If you enjoyed this article, do us a favor and share it with your friends! If you like our product reviews, join our mailing list to get notified when we publish new product reviews! Don’t worry, we don’t spam, we only send 1-2 emails every 2 weeks.