Last updated on January 10th, 2020
Tired of acne? Of course, you are, otherwise, you wouldn’t have clicked on this article! My guess is you have tried literally dozens and dozens of over the counter acne product in the past and they just simply didn’t work. I also bet you’re sick of seeing advertisements and commercials saying “this” or “that” will work. Well, guess what, we’re about to share what we believe are the Top 5 Best Facial Masks For Acne!
Many of us care a lot about our skin. Some of us naturally have oily skin and we get acne quite often. You’ve probably tried a lot of the cleansers out there as well. Our guess is nothing seems to work for you either, right?
My significant other suggested I try a facial mask for myself. When she said this, I gave her a look of embarrassment simply because I assumed facial masks were only for women. Anyway, I ended up getting 5 different products and tried them all within a 5-month span. These masks did wonders for my skin. Not only did they make my face feel rejuvenated, but they also cleared up my acne after using them regularly.
However, not all of these masks are good for everyone’s skin and we understand that. Everyone has different skin, some more oily than others as well. If you’re someone who gets acne because your face is oily all the time, these masks will feel absolutely wonderful.
What Are Facial Masks For Acne?
Facial masks for acne are typically mud or clay masks that are infused with minerals, vitamins, and fruit extracts. These types of masks have been proven time and time again to clean out your pores and tighten them as well. This is especially true for people who have very oily skin.
When you put on the facial mask, allow it to dry, and then rinse your face, your skin feels revitalized, rejuvenated, and refreshed. Facial masks are commonly worn by women, but men wear them as well. They will work great for anyone with oily skin and clogged pores.
Some masks wash off with regular water, while other masks peel off. However, the masks that we tested are the kind that washes off with water. As far as duration goes, it’s up to you how long you want to leave it on for. Some people wash them off 10 minutes after they’re dry, others wait 1-2 hours. From our own experience while testing these masks, leaving it on for an hour made our face feel very refreshed.
Do Facial Masks For Acne Actually Work?
This can be a tough question to answer considering everyone has different skin. In addition, you will hear all kinds of opinions from different people in regards to facial masks. From the research we have done beyond our own testing, these masks work wonders. For me personally, they worked faster and more efficient than a traditional store-bought face cleanser.
Facial masks work by exfoliating your skin and clearing the oil from deep inside your pores. There are many types of mud and clay facial masks that work like this. For example, the Aria Starr dead sea mud mask (#1 on our list) is some truly amazing mud. You can literally feel the cleanliness of your skin after washing it off. In addition, if you have the type of acne that is kind of cystic, these masks will dry them right up after regular use for a week or two.
Are Facial Masks For Acne Healthy For Your Skin?
Facial masks are extremely healthy for your skin as they are loaded with all kinds of vitamins and minerals. Some even have honey which is very good for your skin and cleans the pores very well too! Other blends of clay mud masks that are healthy for your skin can include many different types of minerals and fruit extracts. Below is a list of some common facial/mud mask blends that work great for a deep cleanse on your pores.
- Dead Sea Mineral Blends (Most Popular)
- Avocado and Oatmeal Blends
- Whiskey Rye Blends
- Cucumber and Pink Salt Blends
- Sweet Tea and Lemon Blends
- Manuka Honey and Tea Tree Blends
- Mint and Lemon Blends
- Apple Cider Vinegar Blends
- Charcoal and Black Sugar Blends
Top 5 Best Facial Masks For Acne
If you have acne that needs clearing, these five facial masks will definitely do the job. Keep in mind though, in order for them to work as they’re supposed to, make sure to use them as often as directed. It’s important to stick to a schedule for the best results as well. Below is our list of the top 5 best facial masks for acne.
1. Aria Starr
Indulge your skin in hydrating minerals and nutrients with the Aria Starr Dead Sea Mud Mask. Made from a professional spa formula, this mud face mask contains all-natural and organic ingredients with a hydrating mixture of shea butter, aloe vera, and jojoba oil for a variety of benefits that help to:
- Eliminate acne and blackheads: Natural minerals like magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium work to detoxify, treat, and cleanse the skin.
- Moisturize and stimulate circulation: Delivers significant hydration to dry and sensitive skin while increasing blood flow to your skin cells to help you achieve natural, younger-looking skin.
- Detoxify skin: Extracts toxins and impurities deep in the skin by absorbing excess oils and removing dead skin, giving you clear looking skin and an even skin tone.
- Highest Quality Dead Sea Mud For Face, Acne, Body, Oily Skin & Blackheads – Best Facial Pore Minimizer, Reducer & Pores Cleanser Treatment – Natural For Younger Looking Skin with Shea Butter + Aloe Vera + Jojoba Oil for women, and men.
- Aria Starr Beauty’s Dead Sea Mud Mask extracts toxins and impurities located deep in the skin layers, absorbs excess oils, and removes dead skin cells, dirt and toxins to reveal fresh, soft, clear looking skin with clean pores, even skin tone, and refined skin texture.
- Discover the world-renowned sacred mud that spa’s across the nation are raving about. This product contains natural minerals like magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium, which are known to treat, detoxify, and cleanse the skin.
2. Aztec Secret (Best Overall)
- 100% Calcium Bentonite Clay for external use only. This product does not contain additives, fragrances or animal products.
- This product does not come with an inner seal. Laser printed lot numbers and expiration dates on the bottom of the jar.
- Do not leave clay mask on skin longer than 5-10 mins for delicate skin; this will reduce redness/drying. Slight redness of the skin is normal and will disappear in about 30 mins.
- For external use only. Please conduct a forearm skin patch test prior to facial use to test for allergic reactions or sensitivity. Works best when mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar.
3. New York Biology
If You Are Looking for a Mask that Tightens Your Skin Leaving You with a Healthy Looking Glow, Look no Further!!
Noted for its high concentration of sodium and magnesium, mud from the Dead Sea is highly effective against blackheads and other blemishes. It helps draws out oils and toxins, cleans pores, and may leave your face feeling exfoliated, nourished and clean. Our amazing all-natural mud works for all skin types, including dry, normal, oily, combination, sensitive, and irritated.
Benefits of Dead Sea Mud Mask:
– Reduces, Cleans & Minimizes Pores
– Help Treat Acne, Blackheads & Oily Skin
– Tightens Skin for a Visibly Healthier & Smoother Complexion
– Removes Dead Skin Cells
– Derived from the Dead Sea in Israel
- Works for all skin types, including dry, normal, oily, combination, sensitive, and irritated. This daily acne treatment has been designed to be highly effective yet gentle enough for everyday use.
- This clarifying mud mask is based on an advanced formula composed of Dead Sea mineral mud that gently purifies and cleans clogged pores. Combined with an herbal complex of Aloe-Vera, Chamomile extract, Vitamin A, Sunflower Seed, and Jojoba Oil.
- Helps to effectively cleanse the skin and provide a soothing sensation. Rich in minerals, the pure mud aids skin renewal, creating a gentle exfoliation effect that removes excess oil, toxins, and dead skin cells for a softer feel and radiant glow.
- This spa quality mud removes dead skin cells, dirt and toxins to reveal fresh, soft skin. Mud treatment is also known to stimulate blood microcirculation and refines texture.
4. Grace & Stella Co.
Grace & Stella’s Dead Sea Mud Mask is all-natural and used to help treat all of these conditions and more. It’s great for detoxifying impurities from the skin to reveal a more even, smooth and supple complexion. Minerals like magnesium, potassium, and iron add much-needed nutrients to keep your skin hydrated. Our Dead Sea Mud Mask is great to use right before bed or before you put your makeup to add that extra glow.
- Dead Sea’s skin-boosting properties help treat skin problems such as acne, blackheads, whiteheads, redness, scarring or dark spots and bumpy texture. Also great for sensitive skin.
- This super moisturizing mask helps to help minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with spa-quality ingredients including Kaolin, Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Hickory Bark Extract, and Calendula Oil. Won’t strip your skin of its natural oils or dry out your skin.
- Detoxifies built-up environmental toxins from the skin and improves blood circulation for a healthy, vibrant glow.
- From the Dead Sea that is great for and beneficial to the integrity of the skin and improving overall complexion.
- It can be used on trouble areas of the body such as legs and butt to help diminish the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks.
5. Pure Body Naturals
Relax and give your skin some tender loving care! This top-rated face mask has it all – it employs deep-pore and deep-tissue cleansing, exfoliates and rids the skin of excess oils while stimulating circulation and promoting a clear, well-hydrated complexion. Mud from the Dead Sea in Israel is rich in natural salts and minerals including iron, calcium, magnesium and sodium chloride which are essential nutrients for beautiful skin
- Contains (1) 8.8-ounce jar of spa quality Dead Sea Mud Mask.
- Simply formulated using high-quality natural ingredients like mineral dead sea mud from Israel, shea butter and essential oils.
- The mineral-rich mask has a gentle pulling action which exfoliates, detoxes and removes buildup which clogs pores and causes acne.
- Every batch of Mud Mask is sourced directly from the Dead Sea in Israel and tested in the USA to ensure quality and safety.
- Always free of nasty chemicals, toxins, added fragrances, parabens, dyes, alcohol, phthalates, bronopol, Methylisothiazolinone.
If you have bad acne and have never tried a facial mask before, now would be the time to try one. These masks did wonders for my own acne and I’ve been re-buying them for myself ever since we completed the testing on these products. I can’t stress enough how well they work against oily skin and clogged pores, you will be more than happy!
If you have any questions about any of these facial masks, feel free to leave us a comment below. Or, if you would rather contact us directly, feel free to use our contact form on our contact page and we will respond to your email in a timely manner.