Top 5 Best FPS Gaming Mice | Which Gaming Mice Are The Best?
Ready to talk about some of the best FPS gaming mice on the market?
First person shooter games have been quite dominant in the gaming industry for quite some time now. Think back to the 90’s and early 2000’s, we had Doom and Counter-Strike that populated the gaming servers around the entire globe!
However in recent history, the popularity of FPS games has peaked mainly due to Goldeneye 007, Battlefield, and the Tom Clancy Rainbow Six series. (Gosh I miss these games!) A lot has happened since these games though. Just take a look at Overwatch for example, easily one of the more popular FPS games in the PC gaming communities.
What do these games have to do with FPS gaming mice? Well, they go hand in hand with the history of these popular games. Back when Counter-Strike was huge, we didn’t have gaming mice like we do now. At least nothing as good as we have now. Back then it was easy to have “mis-clicks” and unbalances player movements due to using generic mice for gaming.
Nowadays we have mice with extremely high rate response times, optical sensors, sexy neon led colors, and programmable buttons. What’s great about FPS gaming mice nowadays is we’re easily able to customize our own gaming experience. Especially when we couple it with an ergonomic keyboard that caters to our personal preferences as well!
Today we’re going to share our list of the top 5 FPS gaming mice on the market. Our team of four tested twelve of the best gaming mice and we chose what we think are the top 5 for this review article. Before we share our top 5, we’re going to share some other information first.
How We Chose Our Top 5
First and foremost, our list will not be in chronological order considering each mouse is different and everyone has their own preference.
Four Main Factors We Based Our Review On
- Quality – Most pc gamers that we know don’t really care about the overall price of their FPS gaming mouse, as long as it it top-quality. When we review based on quality we’re looking at the structure of the mouse and how well it was built. We’re also looking at the materials the mouse is made of and how well it performs overall.
- Value – For the people who are on a fixed budget, we looked at overall value in determining our top 5 list as well. We realize that not everyone can afford the best of the best.
- Features – We wanted to make sure you get the most bang for your buck! The mice that we chose have many different features to enhance your overall gaming performance.
- Performance – When it comes to performance in a gaming mouse, you want something that typically responds well. Performance of a gaming mouse can make or break your gaming experience so we made sure the mice that we chose all have the best possible performance.
Are you ready to see our top 5 list of the best FPS gaming mice? Below our list is an FAQ section as well. We answer some of the most frequently asked questions asked by many newbie pc gamers.
CORSAIR M65 Pro
1. CORSAIR M65 Pro Gaming Mouse
The M65 PRO RGB is a competition-grade FPS gaming mouse with the technology you need to win, the flexibility to make it your own, and the build quality to last.
The high-accuracy 12000 DPI sensor provides pixel-precise tracking and advanced surface calibration support, and the aircraft-grade aluminum frame gives it low weight and high durability.
Use the advanced weight tuning system to set the center of gravity to match your play style, and harness the power of CUE for advanced button configuration, macro programming, and three-zone RGB backlighting customization.
- 12000 DPI high-accuracy sensor: custom tuned, gaming grade sensor for pixel-precise tracking.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum structure: light weight, durability, and optimal mass distribution.
- Advanced weight tuning system: set the center of gravity to match your play style.
- Surface calibration tuning utility: Optimizes sensor precision and responsiveness for your playing surface.
- Optimized sniper button positioning: take advantage of on-the-fly DPI switching to instantly match mouse speed to gameplay demands.
- Harness the Power of CUE: don’t just configure your mouse – program it with double macros, custom RGB lighting, and more.
- Eight strategically placed buttons: gain an advantage by customizing your button configuration and play your way.
- High-capacity Omron switches rated for 20 million clicks: ensure reliable performance that holds up through even the longest campaigns.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 1,845 reviews) = 4 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
2. Logitech G502 High Performance Gaming Mouse
Logitech updated its iconic G502 gaming mouse to deliver even higher performance and more precise functionality than ever. This High Performance Gaming Mouse features the next generation HERO 16K optical sensor, the highest performing and most efficient gaming sensor Logitech has ever made.
An all-new lens and an updated tracking algorithm deliver ultra-precise tracking with no acceleration, smoothing, or filtering over the entire DPI range. Now, customize RGB mouse lighting to match your style and environment or sync to other Logitech G products.
No matter your gaming style, it’s easy to tweak G502 HERO to match your requirements, with custom profiles for your games, adjustable sensitivity from 200 up to 16,000 DPI*, and a tunable weight system that allows for tuning and balancing of up to five 3.6g weights for just the right balance and feel.
- High-performance HERO 16K Sensor: Logitech’s most accurate sensor yet with up to 16,000 DPI for the ultimate in gaming speed, accuracy and responsiveness across entire DPI range.
- 11 Customizable Buttons and Onboard Memory: Assign custom commands to the buttons and save up to five ready-to-play profiles directly to the mouse.
- Adjustable Weight System: Arrange up to five removable 3.6g weights inside the mouse for personalized weight and balance tuning.
- Programmable RGB Lighting and LIGHTSYNC Technology: Customize lighting from nearly 16.8 million colors to match your team’s colors, sport your own or sync colors with other Logitech G gear.
- Mechanical Switch Button Tensioning: Metal spring tensioning system and pivot hinges are built into left and right gaming mouse buttons for a crisp, clean click feel with rapid click feedback.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 239 reviews) = 4.5 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
Logitech G Pro
3. Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse
Logitech G worked together with eSports athletes to create the Pro Gaming Mouse. This Logitech G mouse is inspired by the classic, simple construction of the Logitech G100 and G100s body made popular by top competitive eSports professionals.
Their best optical sensor, PMW3366, provides exceptional tracking accuracy. The metal spring tensioning system delivers the reliable click performance required for high-level competitive gaming. Customizable with up to 16.8 million lighting colors, G Pro also has 6 programmable buttons and an onboard memory so you can setup and save custom commands for your favorite games directly to the mouse.
Built on over 30 years of Logitech expertise in mouse engineering, building and testing, Pro is designed for performance play.
- Pro gaming mouse is created by Logitech G and top competitive eSports professionals for performance play. Weight is 3 ounce.
- Advanced PMW3366 optical gaming sensor delivers exceptional tracking accuracy at any hand speed for pixel precise targeting and high speed maneuvers across the entire 200 to 12,000 DPI range.
- Metal Spring Button Tensioning System designed for ultra-consistent and reliable click performance at the highest level of competition. 6 Programmable Buttons.
- Customizable with up to 16.8 million RGB lighting colors to match your style, team colors and setup plus synchronize with other Logitech G gaming gear.
- Six programmable buttons and onboard memory make it easy to setup and store one-trigger custom commands for your favorite games.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 722 reviews) = 4.5 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
4. SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse
The Rival 600 introduces gamers to the world’s most advanced dual sensor system, TrueMove3+. The TrueMove3 optical sensor delivers true 1 to 1 tracking, while a dedicated optical depth sensor achieves gaming’s lowest and most accurate lift-off distance detection.
The Rival 600 features an exclusive custom center-of-gravity tuning system with 256 weight configurations and a customizable range from 96g to 128g, ensuring the perfect weight and balance for everyone.
Low-latency performance is delivered by the powerful 32-bit ARM processor and life-long durability is guaranteed by 60-million click mechanical switches and durable silicone side grips. The Rival 600 was engineered for professional esports athletes and a must-have for competitive gaming.
- Exclusive TrueMove3 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical 1 to 1 tracking esports sensor.
- The world’s lowest and most accurate lift-off distance. Cable Length- 2 m / 6.5 ft.
- 256 center of gravity weight tuning configurations. Lift Off Distance : Customizable, 0.5mm – 2 mm.
- Split-trigger 60-million click mechanical switches.
- Revolutionary silicone side grips for increased grip and durability.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 444 reviews) = 4 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
5. Logitech G602 Lag-Free Gaming Mouse
DISPELS WIRELESS GAMING MYTHSSetting a new benchmark G602 redefines the laws of wireless gaming, with up to 250 hours of gaming battery life. From the pinpoint accuracy of exclusive Delta Zero sensor technology to high durability primary switches to 11 programmable controls, G602 offers true gaming performance. Count on G602 to dominate boss after boss.
ENDURING BATTERY LIFEBenchmark-raising power Play with confidence. G602 sticks by you through game after game with up to 250 hours of power in Performance mode. That’s as much as eight times the battery life of other wireless gaming mice, all without compromising gaming grade sensor and connection performance. G602 is powered by two standard AA batteries; optionally remove one battery to adjust its weight and balance.
- Up to 250 hours of battery life. (Best with Polaroid AA Batteries)
- Power-saving, high-accuracy Delta Zero sensor technology. Try tracking on a different surface.
- Lag-free gaming-grade wireless, Performance and Endurance modes maximize battery life.
- Long-life buttons rated to 20 million clicks, 11 programmable buttons.
- For Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher.
Overall Consumer Rating (based on 4,410 reviews) = 4 out of 5 stars
View On Amazon
Gaming Mice FAQ’s
Question: What Size Mouse Should I Buy?
Answer: This is a case of personal preference rather than “which size is best?”. Everyone has different sized hands. In comparison, we know people with large hands who prefer gaming with a small mouse. So it really depends on what YOU prefer.
Question: Should I Buy A Corded Mouse Or A Wireless Mouse?
Answer: Again, this is all personal preference. Wireless mice can be a hassle though. Imagine yourself kicking ass in an FPS game and your mouse dies. You’ll be pretty pissed off by it. However, a wireless mouse also has it’s perks. If you’re the type of person who can’t stand having to deal with wires, just get a wireless mouse and save yourself the headache.
Question: Are Expensive Gaming Mice Better Than Cheap Gaming Mice?
Answer: Not always! Price is usually set based on company standards and profitability rather than other factors. However, expensive gaming mice usually have more features than the cheaper ones do. The amount you pay for a gaming mouse is up to you and your budget is. Our suggestion – if you have the money and you game often, just spend the money and get a decently priced mouse. It’s worth it!
If you enjoyed this article, do us a favor and share it with your friends! If you like our product reviews, join our mailing list to get notified when we publish new product reviews! Don’t worry, we don’t spam, we only send 1-2 emails every 2 weeks.