Last updated on January 13th, 2020
Everyone loves a clean house right? The problem is, some people just don’t have the time to always be cleaning their house. This includes dusting, vacuuming, mopping floors, etc. That’s why robotic vacuum cleaners were invented and wow, these little guys are great! We did the research for you and reviewed and listed the Top 5 Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners!
If you’ve never seen a robotic vacuum cleaner, I’d suggest watching some YouTube videos on them. They can be extremely useful in many different instances.
For example, think about if you’re on vacation, you can use the app that comes with the robotic vacuum and have it vacuum your floors while on vacation. This keeps your house free of dust that would normally build up in your carpet fibers while you’re away on vacation.
Another great use for robotic vacuum cleaners is for busy people, and I’m talking about genuinely busy people, not lazy people. You see, some people just have busy lives.
With a big job in the city plus having kids and maybe even a dog, you simply don’t have the time to be vacuuming all the time. This is another reason why these robotic vacuums were created. They’re a true time-saver and if you like a clean house, then these little guys are for you.
What Is A Robotic Vacuum Cleaner?
A robotic vacuum cleaner is an autonomous robotic vacuum cleaner that is built with all kinds of intelligent software inside and is considered a limited vacuum floor cleaning system. The original design of the vacuums included a manual operation via remote control and a self-drive mode that allowed the machine to clean autonomously without being controlled manually.
Some designs of these robotic vacuum cleaners use spinning brushes to reach tight corners, and some include a good amount of extra cleaning features such as mopping and UV sterilization.
One of the greatest advantages of having a robotic vacuum cleaner is how quiet they are in comparison to a traditional vacuum cleaner. They are also much more convenient to use due to their capability of being able to clean your floors on their own.
As far as storage goes, you can keep these vacuums pretty much anywhere due to their small size. You can keep them under a bed, under a desk, in a closet, etc, whereas a traditional vacuum needs a bit more space to be stored.
There’s really only one downfall to these robotic vacuum cleaners and that is that it takes a longer amount of time to vacuum an area due to how small the vacuum is.
Benefits Of Having A Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
A stated above, one of the largest benefits of having a robotic vacuum cleaner is the ability to have it vacuum your floors while you’re away from home. No longer will you have to worry about vacuuming while you live a busy lifestyle.
What’s great about these vacuums is most of them have apps and you can connect with your vacuum from pretty much anywhere as long as you’re connected to WiFi. Some of these vacuums even have built-in cameras so you can watch your vacuum clean in real-time.
Think about it this way, if your family is away from home for the weekend and all of you are on vacation in another state, you can get your floors cleaned anytime you want. All you would have to do is connect to your vacuum via the app and then turn the vacuum on and it will start cleaning your floors for you. You can also tell it to stop remotely as well.
There are many benefits of having a robot vacuum, which is why anyone with a busy lifestyle could really benefit from having one. However, it is not recommended to NOT have a traditional vacuum as well. You want a traditional vacuum as well because your robot vacuum won’t be able to reach everywhere that a traditional vacuum can.
Robotic Vacuum Features
Robot vacuums come equipped with many useful and sterile features to make sure your floors are always clean. Below is a list of common features that come with most of the robot vacuums that we tested. Some of these features you wouldn’t even have known that they would exist in such a small device!
Each robotic vacuum cleaner comes with a few different cleaning modes. All of which can easily be switched from the application on your smartphone or from the vacuum itself. Below is a list of cleaning modes that come with most robotic vacuum cleaners, all of which are very useful.
- Auto Mode – For general cleaning usage.
- Scheduled Mode – Set a schedule for when your vacuum should start and stop cleaning.
- Turbo Mode – This mode allows for maximum cleaning power but drains the battery quicker.
- Edge Clean Mode – Allows your vacuum to clean in harder to reach areas such as corners, etc.
- Spot Mode – Cleans the floor in one particular area rather than the whole house.
- Remote Mode – Allow the owner to take control and steer the vacuum to a particular spot.
Some of these vacuums have a feature that allows your vacuum to mop and clean your floor in one pass. This feature would be very useful on a hard surface such as hardwood, laminate, and tile. Now you won’t have to worry about hand mopping your bathroom floor or kitchen!
Anti-Drop, Anti-Winding, Anti-Twining
All of these robotic vacuums come equipped with anti-drop features which include anti-bump IR sensors which allow the vacuum to detect when there is a “raise” on the floor such as an area rug. Your vacuum will easily be able to “climb” these small bumps and will not be an issue when it tries to clean these rugs.
Your robot vacuum also comes with anti-winding which is means that it has sensors to detect where obstacles are in the room. When your vacuum detects an obstacle, it will automatically move away from the obstacle so that it doesn’t collide and cause damage to your furniture or the vacuum itself.
Lastly, robot vacuums come with anti-twining which means they can also detect wires and cords on the floor. This is great because you won’t have to worry about your vacuum accidentally unplugging your lamps, TV, or any other electrical components that are plugged into the wall. Instead, your vacuum will do the same as above and just move away from the wires.
Most robotic vacuum cleaners are equipped with a 2,000 mAh lithium battery onboard that lasts long enough to handle a 2,200 square-foot home and a vacuum time of up to 100 minutes before having to recharge. The regular charge time for these vacuums is between 5 and 6 hours. Quick recharge allows your vacuum to calculate the shortest way to recharge and will only charge as much as it is needed, this way it finishes charging quicker.
Top 5 Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
Now we’ll get to the vacuum cleaners. We tested all 5 of these vacuum cleaners and couldn’t have been happier with all of them. This first one was our favorite and the app for these iRobot’s is extremely easy to use as well. So, if you’re a busy person and usually don’t have time to clean your floors, then a robotic vacuum cleaner is your next best option!
1. iRobot Roomba S9+
The Roomba s9+ robot vacuum – iRobot’s smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet. The Roomba s9+ automatically empties into a disposable AllergenLock bag that holds dirt and dust so you don’t have to think about vacuuming from start to finish.
The s9+ has a suite of groundbreaking technology designed for superior clean deep into corners and along edges. Using Imprint Smart Mapping, Roomba s9+ learns, maps and adapts to your home, determining the best way to clean.
- The superior 3 stage cleaning system delivers up to 40x the suction for iRobot’s deepest clean yet. It automatically increases suction to clean deep into carpets.
- PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush optimizes cleaning deep into corners and along edges.
- Intelligently maps and remembers multiple floor plans to clean your entire home; Using advanced vSLAM navigation technology, the robot gathers over 230,400 data points each second to optimize coverage; Enhanced sensors constantly scan ahead at a rate of 25 times per second to detect obstacles in the cleaning path.
- Imprint Smart Mapping enables the robot to learn, map and adapt to your home, allowing you to choose which rooms are cleaned and when; Keep Out Zones offer added control to actively avoid specific areas and objects in your home.
- Has 30 percent wider unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes that don’t get tangled with pet hair; Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors; High-Efficiency Filter traps 99 percent of mold, pollen, and dust mite allergens.
- The Imprint Link Technology allows Roomba s9+ and Braava jet m6 robots to automatically clean in sequence; vacuuming and then mopping.
2. iRobot Roomba i7+
The Included Automatic Dirt Disposal Unit takes convenience to a new level with the I7+. By Automatically emptying the bin into an enclosed, disposable bag that holds 30 robot bins, you don’t have to think about vacuuming for weeks at a time! Roomba i7 is also the only Robot Vacuum that can be scheduled to clean specific rooms by name.
- Empties on its own so you don’t have to think about vacuuming for weeks at a time.
- The clean base automatic dirt disposal holds 30 bins of dirt, dust, and hair.
- Power-Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power for improved pick-up performance. Ideal for homes with pets.
- Premium 3-Stage cleaning system cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don’t.
- Has patented iAdapt 3.0 navigation with vSLAM technology which allows the robot to seamlessly navigate and efficiently clean an entire level of your home.
- Imprint Smart Mapping enables the robot to learn, map and adapt to your home, allowing you to control which rooms are cleaned and when.
3. iRobot Roomba 960
The Roomba 960 robot vacuum seamlessly navigates room to room to clean an entire level of your home, recharging and resuming until the job is done. Roomba 960 loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt with up to 5x more air power and requires less maintenance. Just press CLEAN or schedule Roomba on the go with the iRobot HOME App.
- Power-Lifting Suction delivers 5X the air power for improved pick-up performance.
- Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt 2. 0 technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- Ideal for homes with pets. Premium 3-stage Cleaning System cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don’t.
- Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
- High-Efficiency Filter captures 99% of all allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns.
- Automatically recharges as needed, and then continues cleaning until the job is done.
- Customize and control how you clean with the iRobot HOME App, Alexa or the Google Assistant.
4. Eufy RoboVac L70 Hybrid
So you’re probably wondering why this vacuum is called a hybrid, right? The Eufy RoboVac L70 is both a vacuum and a mop in one!
You’re in the driver’s seat with the Eufy RoboVac L70 Hybrid. Control the vacuum by voice or using your phone and give detailed commands and receive feedback on how your RoboVac is performing. If maintenance is a hassle for you, this vacuum also has a convenient 3-in-1 washable filter. Turn on the hot wat in your sink, wash the filter, let the filter dry, and you’re done!
- This vacuum has path-laser-technology for increased efficiency and a prolonged 2. 5-hour run-time achieved through the all-new, upgraded navigation system.
- It has real-time mapping that allows for customized target cleaning that fits your home. Set virtual boundaries, right from your phone, to exclude the areas in which cleaning is not required.
- This vacuum is a hybrid because it’s a mop and a vacuum in one! Vacuum multi-surfaces and mop hard-floors for a deeper clean that will leave your floors sparkling!
- Brains and Brawn – 2200Pa of ultra-strong suction power combined with advanced sensors allow for thorough cleaning throughout your home. Safe upstairs and cleans only where you want it to.
5. Eufy RoboVac 30C
The WiFi-enabled RoboVac 30C from Eufy is the perfect vacuum for families with kids and pets. Best part is, it’s easily affordable too!
With Boost IQ technology, this robotic vacuum cleaner will automatically increase suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed so you get the best clean. This vacuum will clean for up to 100 minutes on a full charge and is no louder than a microwave.
- Wi-Fi Convenience: The EufyHome app, and Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant voice control-services let you accomplish your vacuuming needs with zero effort from you.
- Worry-Free Cleaning: Set Boundary Strips and the robotic vacuum cleaner’s slim body will only clean the areas you want.
- BoostIQ Technology: The robotic vacuum cleaner will automatically increase suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed—so you get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Up to 100 minutes of constant, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave from this robotic vacuum cleaner.
Overall, robotic vacuum cleaners have been very useful ever since they came on the market. They are currently being used by over 2 million households in the US and have never had any reported issues or major malfunctions with them at all.
If you need something to clean your floors while you’re away, or you just don’t have the time vacuum while you’re busy at home with the kids, then a robotic vacuum cleaner is definitely for you!