Last updated on January 13th, 2020
Are you into fitness? Never mind, that was a dumb question, of course, you’re into fitness otherwise you wouldn’t be searching for the best spin bikes for home use right now. So that’s exactly what we’re showing you today, our top 5 list of the best spin bikes for home use!
We researched and tested all kinds of different spin bikes with both a belt-drive system and a chain-drive system. We found that both types of systems work great so our list is made up of both types of bikes.
Some people hate going to the gym and working out and exercising in front of a bunch of people. We get it, We’re the same way in some aspects and it’s okay. That’s why fitness companies make these products, so you can buy them and put them in your own home!
Spin bikes are great. Hell, cycling, in general, is great! Not only is it such a great workout, but it keeps you active and makes you feel good as well. I remember my first time on a spin bike, my legs were KILLING ME after that day. But that’s the great thing about them, they actually make you work hard and it makes you feel pretty good.
What Is A Spin Bike?
Spin bikes are stationary bikes that do not have wheels and are mainly used to assist in the weight loss journey. Spin bikes are also used for professional cyclists to train indoors when the weather is not good outside.
What you get when you buy a spin bike is an indoor bicycle that provides a full-body workout. The best part about these bikes is that their pedals have resistance added to them, which makes your body work even harder for that great workout.
These days you can get spin bikes with or without an LCD screen as well. Usually, the cheaper models won’t have an LCD screen. However, the more expensive, commercial models will have an LCD screen that will track your calorie burn and many other types of metrics as well.
Spin bikes have been around for a while and you can’t go wrong with a good cycling workout. Cycling is by far, one of the absolute best cardio exercises you could possibly do to stay in shape.
Are Spin Bikes Good For Weight Loss?
Working out on a spin bike has often been referred to as the celebrity workout by excellence. Exercising on a spin bike at home has drastically grown in popularity in recent years. With gym fees increasing on a yearly basis, it’s not a bad idea to invest in your own spin bike.
These spin bikes are specifically designed to help you meet your weight loss goals and provide a full-body workout while utilizing most of your major muscle groups.
Spin bikes provide a very intense workout in the hips, thighs, calves, waist, and shoulders. In addition, these bikes have the added advantage of allowing users to stand up as they train, which has been proven to help maximize weight loss.
In fact, most hour-long spin bike training sessions will provide you with a loss of 750 to 1,000 calories. This number is an average, but it really all depends on your height, weight, age, and fitness level as well.
Is It Safe To Use A Spin Bike Every Day?
If you’re on a weight loss journey and want to use your spin bike on a regular basis, that is perfectly fine. However, we would recommend that you take a few days off here and there. If you want to go five days per week and then take two days off, that would work out great.
Cycling on a daily basis is very common actually. Think about cyclists, many of them go out on their outdoor bikes seven days per week! There is no limit when it comes to how often you should or should use your spin bike. The more you use it, the quicker you will reach your goals.
If you’re using your spin bike for up to 5 days per week, you have the ability to burn up to 5 or 7,000 calories per week. That number really adds up in the long run and you can really do some positive damage against some unnecessary body fat!
Can You Use A Spin Bike On The Carpet?
To make this short, yes you can use your spin bike on the carpet. However, make sure it is a short-fiber carpet. You don’t want to be using a spin bike on shag carpet, for stability and safety reasons. Short-fiber carpet isn’t long and provides a nice and soft flat surface to sustain the weight that you will be putting on your spin bike.
If you have a long-fiber carpet and don’t have anywhere else to put your spin bike, we recommend getting an office chair mat to put the spin bike on. The office chair mat will provide you with a hard flat surface to place your spin bike onto. If you are unsure what an office chair mat is, they are hard plastic mats that go underneath an office chair that is meant specifically for carpets.
Top 5 Best Spin Bikes For Home Use
We chose our top 5 best spin bikes for home us on various factors. Our top 5 are not only great for shedding pounds of body fat, but they’re also built with quality in mind as well. We only review the BEST products so we had to make sure that the quality of these bikes was top-notch.
1. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Bike
As far as best spin bikes for home use are concerned, this Sunny Health & Fitness bike will do the job with ease. Not only was this bike extremely comfortable, but it was also pretty lightweight as well. Being able to lift it onto the wheels plays a major role when you want to move the bike to a different location in your house.
The standard in home fitness! Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901 Pro Indoor Cycling Bike offers all of the necessities for an amazing cycling workout along with everything at-home fitness enthusiasts could wish for.
Our fully adjustable seat and adjustable handlebars offer a completely customizable experience for ultimate user comfort and compatibility. The heavy-duty steel frame and crank add essential quality and durability to go the distance, no matter what your fitness goals.
- Fully adjustable seat and handlebars for comfort.
- Adjustable Inseam Height Max. 41 in/ Min. 28.5 in.
- Smooth and reliable chain drive mechanism.
- Adjustable Felt Pad resistance system with Emergency Stop Brake.
- 40 lb chromed solid flywheel for stability.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Basic Bike
The Sunny Health and Fitness Bike offers all of the necessities for amazing cardio. Effective, Durable and Comfortable are the three main advantages of this bike. Start pedaling towards fitness with the stationary bike that offers a smooth, quiet and lasting ride every time. Get rid of that stubborn stomach fat and start toning your core muscles and lower body.
- This bike ergonomically designed for optimum comfort and ease. It has a road bike-style saddle that can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally.
- The adjustable seat offers user comfort and stability (inseam height 27 – 33in). Simply twist the knob to add or remove resistance while the brake allows users to stop the flywheel in seconds
- Easily keep track of your performance and monitor your progress. The LCD monitor tracks your time, speed, distance and calories burned.
- The 22 lbs flywheel offers high inertia and resistance allowing you to have precise control over your riding session. The chain drive mechanism provides a smooth and sturdy ride.
- It has rubber foam paddle handlebars that help to extend the duration of your workout.
- The bike also has caged pedals that prevent your feet from slipping and provide you with more support.
- Max weight 220Ibs.
3. Marcy Club Revolution Cycle Trainer (Most Popular)
This bike was an absolute beast. We know someone who had one so we had to test this one out. It’s also been the “most-clicked” bike on our list, which is why it’s our most popular. This bike is definitely one of the best spin bikes for home use.
This club quality indoor bike provides the same type of workout, intensity, and motivation as the bikes found at your local health clubs. The manual resistance lets you determine how hard you work. The fully adjustable handlebars & seat put you in the proper position to maximize your efforts during your ride.
This bike also has transport wheels which make it easy to move throughout your home.
- This bike allows you to experience an intense cardio workout even in a stationary position.
- The frame of this stationary bike is made of durable steel. It is resistant to rust and corrosion, as it is made of steel with sturdy welding points and a powder-coated finish.
- This trainer is ergonomically designed for optimum comfort and ease. It has a road bike-style saddle with adjustable rubber foam paddle handlebars that adjust vertically and a seat that can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally.
- With its durable frame and construction, this equipment is easy and safe to control. Its solid pulley can support a maximum of 300lbs. of weight in a complete stand-up posture. This exercise bike also features a quick-stop mechanism that allows you to halt the wheel’s momentum easily.
- Enjoy the convenience of working out without leaving the comfort of your own home with an indoor bike that provides the same intensity and resistance as a road bike.
4. Sunny Health & Fitness Belt Drive Bike
This smooth and quiet indoor cycling bike makes exercise convenient and effective. What we liked most about this bike was how easy it as to adjust the handlebars in various positions.
The quiet belt transmission augmented by the heavy-duty 49 lb flywheel, crank, and steel frame makes this bike very sturdy and stable. Features a fully adjustable seat and handlebar, easily adjustable resistance with a top press down brake.
Equipped with a metal bottle holder, you’ll be able to stay hydrated without having to get off the bike. This bike also has wheels in the front which makes it very easy to move around if you need to.
- The sturdy steel frame and 275 maximum user weight give this bike a rock solid build that will keep it moving ride after ride. Easily move the indoor cycle from room to room with the front-mounted transport wheels.
- The cycle bike trainer features a resistance system that gives you the experience of a realistic, real-road feeling. Make your workout more intense and burn more calories by cycling at a high resistance level.
- Experience a smooth and quiet ride with the maintenance-free belt drive system which allows you to workout without interrupting your workout or anyone around you.
- The seat adjusts both vertically and horizontally. The handlebars move up and down to adapt to any user type as well. The bike also has toe cages that are designed to keep your feet in place.
- Has an easy-access water bottle holder so you can stay hydrated during your exercise without having to get off the bike.
5. ProGear 100S Exercise Bike
Stay fit and spend less with the ProGear 100S indoor training cycle! The ProGear 100S indoor training cycle is a great way to get a cardiovascular fitness workout just like you would on a regular road bike.
What we loved most about this bike is that the chain drive was extremely smooth. We tested a few other chain-driven bikes and they were nowhere near as smooth as this one. If you want a more challenging workout than a typical exercise bike, then the 100S is the cycling bike for you.
- Up to 250 lbs user weight capacity.
- Chain Driven to simulate road bike exercise.
- Heart pulse sensors will enable you to stay within your personal heart rate zone.
- Has an LCD computer with readouts of calories burned, distance, time, speed, and pulse.
- The cushioned ergonomic seat will adjust forward/backward and up/down.
- Easy dial tension adjustment for a more progressive and challenging workout.
- Cast iron inertia driven flywheel with a chrome rim weighs 22 lbs and is smooth and consistent when pedaling.
Now that you know more about spin bikes and how they can help you with your weight loss journey, do you think you will get one? We absolutely loved testing these spin bikes. In addition, they really make your entire body feel like it has been worked to the core.
Cycling is an extremely good workout and we would recommend anyone to get one if you’re trying to lose weight but don’t want the hassle of going to a gym all the time.